Sign in to follow this  
cmiller

Dalstrong Knives, Amazon Deal of the Day

I have 3 Dalstrong Gladiator knives. They are great.  Got all 3 on a Dalstrong sale. Slowly but surely upgrading my current knives.

I almost bit on the sale for a cleaver but discovered that the sale did not include the  Ravenger cleaver,  my 1st choice,  apparently sold out before the sale began. 

One might visit the Dalstrong website, sign up for their newsletter. They offer sales not always an Amazon Deal of the Day.

M.

9 hours ago, DrunkenMeatFist said:

Shogun series is a little too rich for my blood so I went with the Gladiator knives. I grabbed a kiritsuke for me and another chef's knife for a gift. I got the Worksharp Ken Onion the other day so I am hoping I'll be able to keep everything sharp for a while. 

Be very careful with the Worksharp, you can ruin the tip of a blade fast. Use the finest grit belts on your good knives, and never pull the blade all the way through the guide. Use light pressure, and lift the tip off the belt half way through the pull. Otherwise you will round off the tip in a heartbeat. 

Practice on a cheap knife.

Great tool for quickly sharpening lawnmower blades, shovels, machetes, and axes with the course grits.

4 hours ago, Never L8 4 chow said:

Be very careful with the Worksharp, you can ruin the tip of a blade fast. Use the finest grit belts on your good knives, and never pull the blade all the way through the guide. Use light pressure, and lift the tip off the belt half way through the pull. Otherwise you will round off the tip in a heartbeat. 

Practice on a cheap knife.

Great tool for quickly sharpening lawnmower blades, shovels, machetes, and axes with the course grits.

I went to a couple of Goodwill stores yesterday looking for cheap knives to practice on, but didn't have any luck. I am hoping that I will have the technique down by the time my new knives need a touch up.