John Setzler

Man Cave Ugly Drum Smoker Part 3

20190206_uds01.jpg

20190206_uds02.jpg

20190206_uds03.jpg

I am done but I had to abandon my hinge :(  I just don't have the skill or know-how to mount that thing on THIS particular drum.   The hinge was designed to mount on a flat surface drum and I don't have that option.  I got some assistance from a UDS forum and they showed me how to do it and I still could not pull it off properly.  That's my fault from my own lack of this kind of skill.  I'll save the hinge and try it again if I ever find another suitable drum to try it on....

22 minutes ago, John Setzler said:

....  I got some assistance from a UDS forum and they showed me how to do it and I still could not pull it off properly.  

can you post a link to that forum (or pm it) and see what we can do to help out?

after seeing it, i think it would be invaluable

40 minutes ago, freddyjbbq said:

can you post a link to that forum (or pm it) and see what we can do to help out?

after seeing it, i think it would be invaluable

I am not going to try it again because the holes I drilled already will not work.  I can't drill additional holes without making a huge mess out of it.

I don't have a hinge on mine. But I do have a utility hook mounted on the inside of the lid so I can hang the lid on the lip of the barrel when I open it.

Like this... but smaller.

utility hook.jpg