Charcoal Addict

Pressure Cooker Fourm

I have an old Xenforo licesne collecting dust doing nothing.  I’ve been researching possible ideas for a new site.  I’ve been doing my homework and I see there’s really a bunch of very poorly designed and laid out Pressure Cooker and Instant Pot fourms out there.  

It looks like a potential idea.  There’s more people using pressure cookers around the world than there are people using charcoal and pellet grills combined.  There’s a very huge audience.  People are very passionate about their pressure cookers.   There’s a level of passion and fanaticism on par with the relationship people have with their smokers.

Do you think there’s a market/opportunity for a commercially successful Pressure Cooker forum?  

There certainly is a lot of interest in instapots, and pressure cookers on the web.

And yes, the first forum I checked out wasn’t a joy to navigate.

You’ll never know unless you try, and if you don’t, you’ll always wonder if it could have been a success. What do you have to lose?

Go for it!

7 hours ago, Never L8 4 chow said:

There certainly is a lot of interest in instapots, and pressure cookers on the web.

And yes, the first forum I checked out wasn’t a joy to navigate.

You’ll never know unless you try, and if you don’t, you’ll always wonder if it could have been a success. What do you have to lose?

Go for it!

I’ll have to engage with social influencers in the pressure cooking world to see how many of them will support a new forum.  It’s social influencers who drive traffic to sites.  Without their support a Pressure Cooker forum would have a very hard time gaining any traction. 

1 hour ago, John Setzler said:

@Charcoal Addict

Are you personally a fan and advocate of pressure cooking?  

I’m passionate about cooking & the pressure cooker always been a better method of cooking vs boiling. Pressure cooking much healthier, faster and maintains more nutrients.  

The recent Instant Pot purchase has really allowed me to up my game on my side dishes.  

I have to invest more time building stronger relationships with other people in the Pressue cooking universe.

A lot of people don’t realize just how important the relationship building aspect is to launching a successful forum site.

18 hours ago, Charcoal Addict said:

I have a spare Xenforo license left over from a customer project after a client decided to consolidate 2 forums into one site.

thats excellent i have been using vb for a long time i am almost leaning towards xenforno .

i would for sure make a pressure cooker forum if facebook has 1.6 million you will be getting a lot of members with a forum perhaps