Sign in to follow this  
Team PCBeach

KJ Classic II Amazon Deal of the Day

This is a smoking (heh heh) deal. I wonder (just speculating) if these low low blowout prices are the harbinger of the new model releases. Cleaning out inventory in preparation for new models. KJ was "invested in" (acquired by) an investment firm earlier in the year. So who knows.

Source:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dominus-capital-invests-in-kamado-joe-300717060.html

I've been using a Char Griller Akorn for the past 4-5 years and while it has been a fantastic smoker for the money, I've always wanted one of the ceramic smokers (BGE, Primo, KJ etc).  Like I said, I love my Akorn but it has developed sealing issues and I smoked a turkey for Thanksgiving and it was extremely hard to control temps.  I got it done fine but with a ton of babysitting. At that point I knew I needed to re-seal the Akorn or start looking for a new smoker.  Then I saw this deal pop up on Amazon last week and bit immediately.  It was too good to pass up!  It will be delivered next weekend and I can't wait to get started with it!