keeperovdeflame

Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Bars

You are going to thank me for this recipe, as these are some of the easiest and most killer cookies around. Each year the local Fry's market, down the hill, hosts a  cookie contest at Christmas time. They publish the winners and their recipes in the local paper. I have tried for years to be a taster for the contest but the line is long, and apparently it is who you know, but I'll keep trying.   A lady named Zenaida Espiritu made these and was a winner.  The recipe is so easy you can probably even cook it with kids, however you will have to lift the cookie bars out of the baking dish yourself, as they are a bit delicate until you put them in the fridge to set. 

1 tube Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. (Your could make your own CCCD if your a purist, but the easy pre made route is killer)

1 (8oz) package of cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup suger

1 egg

That's It. 

Cut the roll of CCCD in half . Form a bottom crust by pushing one half of the dough onto the bottom of a greased 8 X 8 glass baking dish.

In a large bowl or stand mixer beat the cream cheese, sugar and egg until the mixture is smooth. Pour mixture and spread over the crust you pressed onto the bottom of the baking dish. Now crumble the remaining half of the CCCD on top of the cream cheese / sugar mixture. 

Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. You can eat them as soon as they cool enough to cut or cut them and then  put them in the fridge to set a little. Delicious, I'm not fooling. :) Merry Christmas and Enjoy!

Here you go:

Push the toll house dough onto the bottom of the baking dish to form a crust. 

IMG_0225.thumb.jpg.8f5df7f242ea7e0496ba8cf5ef0046e4.jpg

Mix up the sugar and cream cheese mixture

IMG_0226.thumb.jpg.fcad5bc07d96f21e66cf354b326121f2.jpg

Spread the mixture evenly over the CCCD crust

IMG_0227.thumb.jpg.c15e892cfada9001eab03d9f66b96ca9.jpg

Crumble the remain CCCD on top of the mixture layer

IMG_0228.thumb.jpg.bd1e1a893ddd4ee49b31873c06e3a8c1.jpg

Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes or until a tooth Pick inserted in the center comes out clean

IMG_0229.thumb.jpg.01e7b7540fe4b9957e06a58da509a6f1.jpg

Let cool completely and cut into bars

IMG_0231.jpg

Enjoy