Lydia

I was wondering why it was so quiet ....

Hi everyone! I have to say that I’ve been missing you all and have been wondering why it’s been so quiet.  I’ve just found the post about the move to FB in January. I am definitely IN if Charcoal Addict is able to move this site to a new forum format. I am a member of a FB. Kamado group and no offence at all to them but it’s just soooo boring!  The FB format doesn’t allow for the same level of engagement and just seems to be the same people posting photos of their beef shorties week after week, with an occasional photo of an interesting cook thrown in. 

This is forum format is a completely different kettle of fish which doesn’t compare on any level. 

I sincerely hope that we all can still remain friends on the other side ...on a forum such as this one! 

You are are all such wonderful people and I actually have a tear in my eye right now at the thought that this is going to end! 

Hey Lydia. I was thrilled John decided to keep on with the forum. I agree it's a slow time:  with the holidays on;  depending on where someone lives in North America;  how intrepid they are toward outdoor activities,-including outdoor cooking. 

Just looked and saw 67F/19C your area. Enjoy that!

M..

On 12/16/2018 at 3:27 PM, Lydia said:

The FB format doesn’t allow for the same level of engagement and just seems to be the same people posting photos of their beef shorties week after week, with an occasional photo of an interesting cook thrown in. 

This is forum format is a completely different kettle of fish which doesn’t compare on any level. 

I agree.  FB groups don't provide the recipe data base functions that kamadoguru does.  Most of the time the FB posts aren't usable a recipes if I could search.  They're more like, "Look at this photograph of something I cooked."  I'm hoping that this site continues.

Biggest problem I see with the FB site is trolls.   There's no one around that think they need reined in.  Now I'm no saint but, the language some of them use shouldn't be on a public forum unless it's specifically meant to vent with   no language barrier.

On 12/28/2018 at 1:06 PM, BURGER MEISTER said:

Biggest problem I see with the FB site is trolls

-not a big time social media poster BUT the very little time I spend on social media I always wish to filter out those just posting to .....post. I'm sure their reason for posting sounds great to them but their content is goofy.

M.

cant beat the forum format / ability to search for information etc. 

the amount of recipes and information / feed back etc on here is priceless, most things posted on FB are lost and forgotten within hours usually. 

It is great that John decided to keep the forum running but its also important to realize that things come with a cost.  Please click the contribute button at the top of screen to support the forum to ensure we can keep the forum running.  We all love the forum and find value in it, anything will help!

On 3 January 2019 at 2:52 AM, UTVol said:

It is great that John decided to keep the forum running but its also important to realize that things come with a cost.  Please click the contribute button at the top of screen to support the forum to ensure we can keep the forum running.  We all love the forum and find value in it, anything will help!

Good call @UTVol :-D

On 12/28/2018 at 1:06 PM, BURGER MEISTER said:

Biggest problem I see with the FB site is trolls.   There's no one around that think they need reined in.

Agreed.  It has an intolerable signal to noise ratio.