NOLA New-Griller

42oz King for a (birth)Day

So, my lady got me a 42oz cut of flank from our local high-end chop shop for my birthday. It is a glorious piece, and smells so wonderful before i do anything to it. Right now, it is airtight as I will not be able to get to it for 2 more days, but; any recommendations on cooking methods? Recipes? I'm not a typical beef cooker, but she knew I'm up for the challenge, so throw them at me!

Thanks in advance!

Happy Birthday Nola! I would suggest making Churrasco which is one of my favorites. There  are plenty of recipes but I usually marinade overnight with salt, pepper, garlic, onions, olive oil, and lime juice. Cook on high heat for a short period of time, get both sides charred. Shouldn't be more than 2-3 minutes per side. Let it rest for a few and make sure to slice against the grain. Serve with white rice, black beans, cuban bread, and of course don't forget the chimichuri.

Marinate for the day in fresh chopped fennel, garlic, ground coriander, pepper & oil.

Grill a few mins a side until rare in the middle.

While grilling, dump the marinade into a sauce pan and bring to a boil, then simmer.

Pull the steak, let rest 10 mins, then slice across the grain. Ladle the hot marinade over the slices, including fennel chunks.

Ended up being about 5.5 minutes each side with a bath of oil for char at the end. @VanoleI used three Guys from Miami recipe for the churrasco, chimichurri, and plantains! Came out so great!!!