Sign in to follow this  
Guy_Smiley

Recommend a wifi thermometer

Can anyone recommend a wifi remote that can send my temps to my phone, so i can leave the house while stuff is on the grill and not have to be in a panic over what;s happening back home.  I hope it's something you can find for a reasonable price, would love to pick this up if so.  thanks guys!

I second the @ckreef's notion to check out Thermoworks. Their Smoke is an awesome thermometer that has an optional WiFi unit you can connect to your network.

The question that remains for me is: what will you do if you see your fire is dying or picking up wind and temp is rising? Maybe an option like a flameboss or Ikamand is also worth looking at? Depending on what type of BBQ you will use it for of course.

3 hours ago, ckreef said:

Thermoworks have a few different wifi options to choose from. Various price ranges. Anything from Thermoworks is a good product. 

Definitely agree with this: I am thinking , If you took the time to walk through a 100 outstanding restaurant kitchens and looked in the chest pocket of the chef's you would find probably 100 Thermapens. Industry Gold standard. I have the Smoke, Time Stick, and a couple Thermapens. Personally I will always buy Thermoworks products when I need a new thermometer.