Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
GLOCKer

Our Traditional Surf & Turf Christmas Eve Dinner!

Recommended Posts

My wife handled the scalloped potatoes, Caesar salad, and sauteed mushrooms and onions.  I handled the filet and lobster.  Lucky me; my wife is Jewish and doesn't eat lobster, so I had to eat both tails! :D

 

Last night was SPECTACULAR!
48416591_10161463274590107_4911758409688 
 
48428317_10161463274770107_9011309173371
 
48923826_10161463274835107_6161301873702
 
48383718_10161463275030107_7001643904843
 
48422632_10161463275095107_8328528691793
 
48408097_10161463275170107_3663365429973
 
48415980_10161463278415107_7692457925180
 
48406428_10161463278545107_2188362472413

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ckreef said:

 what does being Jewish have to do with not eating lobster? 

It's about food being Kosher.  For seafood to be Kosher it must have fins and scales.  I was a kitchen designer for 40 years and had to learn a lot of stuff to make things functional for a lot of different clients.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ckreef said:

Looks delicious. 

 

I have to ask (because I honestly don't know), what does being Jewish have to do with not eating lobster? 

Yep!  What @daninpd said.  She is only loosely kosher, and she makes sure I have bacon when I need it even though she wont eat it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, daninpd said:

It's about food being Kosher.  For seafood to be Kosher it must have fins and scales.  I was a kitchen designer for 40 years and had to learn a lot of stuff to make things functional for a lot of different clients.

 

6 hours ago, GLOCKer said:

Yep!  What @daninpd said.  She is only loosely kosher, and she makes sure I have bacon when I need it even though she wont eat it!

 

Thankfully I'm not kosher/Jewish. That knocks out shrimp, lobster, crab, scallops, etc.....  Everything I love the best from the ocean. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ckreef said:

 

 

Thankfully I'm not kosher/Jewish. That knocks out shrimp, lobster, crab, scallops, etc..... 

 

You left out Oysters!   You need to go to Dragos in New Orleans for their flame broiled oysters.  That experience will reorder your priorities.

Edited by daninpd
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...