The Man Cave Christmas Ham

So... what can you do with a 10 pound / $10 pork picnic?  You can make a great ham with it.....

I cured this myself by mixing a gallon of water, 2 cups brown sugar, 1 1/2 cup kosher salt, 2 Tablespoons pickling spice, 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes, 1 stick of cinnamon, and 2 tablespoons of pink curing salt.  I injected this cure into the meat and submerged it in the cure for 5 days in the fridge.  This wet cure ration is designed to cure for 1/2 day for each pound of meat.   Injecting just guarantees that it will work.

20181225_Ham01.jpg

After the cure, i air dried it on a rack in the fridge for 24 hours and then coated it with Lane's Signature seasoning....

I put it on the grill at 250 until I hit an internal temp of about 130°F.   

20181225_Ham02.jpg

While the ham was smoking for the first stage, I mixed up a glaze... I used 1 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup Cakalacki Gold Mustard Sauce,  1 tablespoon of Roscoe's Mop Sauce and 1 tablespoon of the Lane's BBQ Signature seasoning... I basted the ham with this a few times between 130-145°F...

20181225_Ham03.jpg

20181225_Ham04.jpg

It was the most delicious $10 ham I have ever had.... more delicious than most hams I have ever had in fact....