Sign in to follow this  
freddyjbbq

Ground it then Browned it!

Been watching @Rak73 and @bosco get their grind on for some time & pulled the trigger on a LEM #5 Black Friday deal.

we ground 1# beef chuck & 1# pork shoulder, seasoned and gave it a second grind & kept in fridge over night.

next day, we formed into balls & cooked on our Ranger before cooking in sauce.  Came out amazing !!

2147A9F8-20C3-4AFF-B73F-A347BB308E43.jpeg

CB633406-17BD-48D2-9C41-A364AE6676C7.jpeg

AB3A7D79-485A-4887-BC27-BECD6EE73DF8.jpeg

1 hour ago, John Setzler said:

I think the grinder i have might be one size smaller than that one but its the same series.. works like a champ.

Yeah I looked at the #8 which has the 1/2 Hp motor & this is the #5 with the .35 HP motor.  I got 30% off so just over $200 but in reviews, people grind a significant part of a deer kill with no issue.

its fun 

You're ruined now, you can never go back to store ground meat. I haven't purchased ground beef commercially since I did my first home ground. I like to go to RD and buy a whole chuck roll and after trimming, grind the hole thing into hamburger. I vac seal it in 1lb packages and freeze it. I also like to buy a chuck roast, when they are on sale and coarse grind it and make smash burgers with it. I think the coarse ground makes better smash burgers than the finer ground.

3 hours ago, retfr8flyr said:

You're ruined now, you can never go back to store ground meat. I haven't purchased ground beef commercially since I did my first home ground. I like to go to RD and buy a whole chuck roll and after trimming, grind the hole thing into hamburger. I vac seal it in 1lb packages and freeze it. I also like to buy a chuck roast, when they are on sale and coarse grind it and make smash burgers with it. I think the coarse ground makes better smash burgers than the finer ground.

Lol Earl this was actually some chuck roll from RD! good stuff!!

do you grind any other meats?   This was my first grind but I love it! 

15 hours ago, freddyjbbq said:

Yeah I looked at the #8 which has the 1/2 Hp motor & this is the #5 with the .35 HP motor.  I got 30% off so just over $200 but in reviews, people grind a significant part of a deer kill with no issue.

its fun 

Yup... mine is the #5 also... its more than I'll ever need...

4 hours ago, John Setzler said:

Yup... mine is the #5 also... its more than I'll ever need...

Funny, I wanted the 12 when instarted looking and I remember you getting the #5.  @5698k got a deal on a #8 and told me to think twice about a #12.  

I went to get the #5 and amazon had their prime  appreciation day and I got the #8 for less than a #5.  

Great quality grinder.  Very pleased with it

17 minutes ago, bosco said:

Funny, I wanted the 12 when instarted looking and I remember you getting the #5.  @5698k got a deal on a #8 and told me to think twice about a #12.  

I went to get the #5 and amazon had their prime  appreciation day and I got the #8 for less than a #5.  

Great quality grinder.  Very pleased with it

You got a great price and from the looks of their website, they have a bunch of other great products as well.

after using the #5 I’m thinking that the #12 would be great in a commercial application or if you ever wanted to start a business grinding and recycling truck tires or something