PR Kabobs on the Konro

ckreef

The reality is - - - any excuse to play with the Konro is good enough for me and this was a really tasty excuse. 

(sorry for the sort of crappy pictures) 

I took left over prime grade PR (from Christmas) and cubed it up. 

prk1.thumb.jpg.4cb95140704fa3324c3245b64fa7710e.jpg

I marinated it in A1 Steak Sauce for about an hour then loaded up on my awesome 1/4 turn skewers along with some sweet pepper pieces. 

prk2.thumb.jpg.15ce9ddf874d6a9bf6174f5fd89febaa.jpg

I had the Konro grill running hot so they only got 60 seconds per 1/4 turn. That gave them a little extra crust and warmed them up without cooking them too much. 

prk3.thumb.jpg.3dfdd9906ae717861673114a38199531.jpg

As leftovers these were really tasty and done just md. That my friends is how you do leftovers - and as a bonus I got to play with the Konro. 

prk4.thumb.jpg.aa06f157b3ab6ca0800ad45af97330ab.jpg

16 hours ago, landscaper said:

Heck Yeah! Love my Konro. Those skewers are interesting. 

Not sure if you remember @tinyfish. He won these skewers a couple of years ago in one of our challenges. He lives in Canada so he gave this prize to me. A dremel tool with cutoff wheel resized them for the Konro and they work really well. Unfortunately I don't believe that are for sale anymore otherwise I would probably buy two more sets.

If you ever read this tinyfish, TY once again for gifting me this prize. 

4 hours ago, TKOBBQ said:

Great looking leftovers, they do look delicious. 

I've done leftover steak like this a few times in the past. Always comes out fantastic. Actually this basic idea is my new goto method for steak kabobs. Going to do a full steak kabob cook thread about this within the next few weeks? 

@ckreef@ckreef

Thanks for the mention. I couldn't see the skewers going to a better chef then yourself, I learned lots from you. I'm doing well still cooking just not posting. Say hello to the wife for me. All the best...Tony 

P.S. say hello to any of the old people for me.

Sorry to the original poster for high jacking the thread.

3 hours ago, tinyfish said:

@ckreef@ckreef

Thanks for the mention. I couldn't see the skewers going to a better chef then yourself, I learned lots from you. I'm doing well still cooking just not posting. Say hello to the wife for me. All the best...Tony 

P.S. say hello to any of the old people for me.

Sorry to the original poster for high jacking the thread.

Tony glad to see you still around and doing well. You were a force to be reconded with during that long challange series. Would love to see some more of your fabulous cooks. 

Don't be a stranger. 

12 hours ago, jrow17 said:

Good job on those ckreef!! That Konro grill looks  interesting.

TY jrow17. There's a few of us on Guru that have Konros. When I'm cooking to make an easy meal I use my kamados. When I'm cooking to have fun it's the Konro or WFO every time. The Konro, it's just plain fun and does a really great job with kabobs.