Here's another really great snack for game day or any other day where you need a finger food that beats finger sandwiches with chicken or egg salad...

Moink Balls

20110613_Moink_0232.JPG

These are super-easy... Go to the grocery store and pick up a bag of frozen meatballs of any variety you like. Wrap each meatball with a half slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick.

20110613_Moink_0234.JPG

Dust them with your favorite BBQ rub...

20110613_Moink_0241.JPG

Toss them on the grill over indirect heat until the bacon is done to your satisfaction.

20110613_Moink_0244.JPG

When the bacon is done, dip the moink balls in your favorite BBQ sauce and put them back on the grill for 15 minutes or so and then dig in!

• 3 months later...

I've made these before and everyone loves them, so my advise is to keep a few off the serving plate for the chef to enjoy, otherwise by the time you get to the party all of them will be gone!! I like to brush on apricot jelly before I dust with the rub, this gives a sweet (jelly) tangy (rub) taste to them. Never thought to put out BBQ sauce for dipping, sounds tasty. Thanks for the tip

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

These are really good.

I've been playing around and doing them inside, too.....no toothpicks, either.

Not getting that smoke flavor from the grill......but it beats not getting to play with my favorite rub and sauce. :good:

aQozCrw.png

Frozen Italian meatballs from Publix, wrapped with 1/2 slice of bacon, Cimarron Docs rib rub into 350 oven for around 35 mins and then some bbq sauce (50/50 mix of Blues Hog/apple juice) brushed on and back into the oven until bacon gets just right.

• 3 months later...