With all the beef sales for Christmas, I picked up a roast ($4.77/lb) and asked the butcher to cut it into roughly 2" inch steaks. I have two vacuum packed in the freezer. This one was just under 2 lbs.  I seasoned it with salt and pepper and cooked direct about 450F.  The flames weren't that high during the cook.  They flared up when i opened the lid for a pic.  It turned out really well.  I served it with roasted red potatoes and steamed broccoli. Thanks for looking.

ribsteak.jpg.8fb0ef2d6ceed38f96fb14791e8af4aa.jpg

Looks awesome.  

I was just browsing the meat section the other day and wanted to pick up a top round for some jerky, but the price of beef seemed to be crazy high.  Nowhere near what you paid.  I ended up walking away with my tail between my legs.  :sad:

22 minutes ago, Bgosnell151 said:

Looks awesome.  

I was just browsing the meat section the other day and wanted to pick up a top round for some jerky, but the price of beef seemed to be crazy high.  Nowhere near what you paid.  I ended up walking away with my tail between my legs.  :sad:

That happens to me regularly.  For Christmas the local market marks the roasts down to $5.77 a pound from about $12 and with the shopper club coupon I got an extra dollar a pound off.  I mostly eat chicken or pork as it is much more affordable.  When there is a sale, I try to make the best of it.

I used to own a photography studio back in the 80s. Your picture looks like a staged product shot that I spent $$$ on in commercial photo classes. The glistening oil reflection off the steak is perfect! You could not have photo shopped the flames in any better to emphasize the point you want to make 'selling' your product. Well done!

Cameras certainly have come along way.

"A Picture is worth a 1,000 words" Just beautiful. That shot captures the ideal moment, like Tigers famous putt dropping into the hole with the Nike logo sowing. , the one handed impossible catch of a perfect pass, or Kurt Gibson hitting one into the cheap seats to win the game in the 9th. I'd think about framing that shot and hanging it on my wall. Only thing better is sitting down to that steak on your plate. Fine Job, Sir. 

3 hours ago, NVRider said:

I used to own a photography studio back in the 80s. Your picture looks like a staged product shot that I spent $$$ on in commercial photo classes. The glistening oil reflection off the steak is perfect! You could not have photo shopped the flames in any better to emphasize the point you want to make 'selling' your product. Well done!

Cameras certainly have come along way.

Thanks.  I wish I could take credit, but it was all my cellphone.  I just pressed the button. :)