With all the beef sales for Christmas, I picked up a roast ($4.77/lb) and asked the butcher to cut it into roughly 2" inch steaks. I have two vacuum packed in the freezer. This one was just under 2 lbs.  I seasoned it with salt and pepper and cooked direct about 450F.  The flames weren't that high during the cook.  They flared up when i opened the lid for a pic.  It turned out really well.  I served it with roasted red potatoes and steamed broccoli. Thanks for looking.

ribsteak.jpg.8fb0ef2d6ceed38f96fb14791e8af4aa.jpg

Looks awesome.  

I was just browsing the meat section the other day and wanted to pick up a top round for some jerky, but the price of beef seemed to be crazy high.  Nowhere near what you paid.  I ended up walking away with my tail between my legs.  :sad:

22 minutes ago, Bgosnell151 said:

Looks awesome.  

I was just browsing the meat section the other day and wanted to pick up a top round for some jerky, but the price of beef seemed to be crazy high.  Nowhere near what you paid.  I ended up walking away with my tail between my legs.  :sad:

That happens to me regularly.  For Christmas the local market marks the roasts down to $5.77 a pound from about $12 and with the shopper club coupon I got an extra dollar a pound off.  I mostly eat chicken or pork as it is much more affordable.  When there is a sale, I try to make the best of it.