Sign in to follow this  
KismetKamado

Cowboy Ribeye

2 hours ago, O C said:

Nice! And a timely post for me...I have my first ever pellet grill arriving tomorrow, been thinking it and the Akorn jr. will be a great combination for us.

Yep!  Those two are definitely a great combination. :)

17 minutes ago, retfr8flyr said:

Looks perfect! That's a great looking grate on your Jr., where did you get it?

The grate is from Michael’s Custom GrillWorks. I love my Jr, but do way more grilling than smoking, so I hated the CI grate.  I had this one custom made.  I requested tighter spacing since I do a lot of veggies. It’s an awesome grate and I love it. Well worth every penny.  I wish I had one for my work Jr as well. Thankfully my work buddy who I drug into the kamado rabbit hole  with me doesn’t mind maintaining work Jr’s CI grate for us out there. 

15 hours ago, KismetKamado said:

The grate is from Michael’s Custom GrillWorks. I love my Jr, but do way more grilling than smoking, so I hated the CI grate.  I had this one custom made.  I requested tighter spacing since I do a lot of veggies. It’s an awesome grate and I love it. Well worth every penny.  I wish I had one for my work Jr as well. Thankfully my work buddy who I drug into the kamado rabbit hole  with me doesn’t mind maintaining work Jr’s CI grate for us out there. 

Thanks, I thought it was probably Michael's but just wanted to check. I have planned on getting one from him and just keep putting it off. With the new Timberline I will now be doing almost all grilling and searing on my Jr., so I guess I will have to get one.

Wow, Kismet that is just an amazing looking steak. Truly a work of art you can eat. If I saw that on my plate I would think I had died and gone to heaven.  Beautiful cut to begin with, lovely smoke, and perfect sear to an edge to edge medium rare. Don't get any better than that, Girlfriend.

:bravo::woot::bravo::worship:

5 hours ago, keeperovdeflame said:

Wow, Kismet that is just an amazing looking steak. Truly a work of art you can eat. If I saw that on my plate I would think I had died and gone to heaven.  Beautiful cut to begin with, lovely smoke, and perfect sear to an edge to edge medium rare. Don't get any better than that, Girlfriend.

:bravo::woot::bravo::worship:

Thanks, @keeperovdeflame!  It was pretty awesome, I will admit that.  I'm just glad I got to do the super fun part with the sear on the Jr.  Hadn't broke that out for months and it felt great.    :)