3 hours ago, keeperovdeflame said:

Fine post, Truly enjoyed it. Happy Anniversary. By the way, I think a Special Counsel should be appointed to investigate the selection of the Rib judge, sounds fishy to me. 

I agree - it was definitely fishy!  :)

When it was all said and done, and the kamado ribs were done, we both agreed that they were by far better.  Actually, this whole scenario was the result of a rib cook that turned out outstanding on the kamado a couple of weeks ago.  I cook ribs a lot, but don't really like them.  However, the ones a couple weeks back I did were notably good.  We attempted to replicate that this time - with all ribs seasoned and treated the same way - just cooked on the different grills.  Once done, he admitted as well that mine were better for our tastes as far as the smoke profile and texture go.  All in all, it was a fun and low key evening.  Great way to celebrate 18 years.  Maybe for the 20 year anniversary we will go all out and do wagyu briskets.  LOL.  

2 hours ago, Panchango said:

Phew.  I am glad you were talking about food @KismetKamado(food looks great btw).  The last time I visited Wyoming, the cowboy took a shotgun blast to the face and I knew they meant business.... 

wyoming.thumb.jpg.122b9734398a5513337efedfa261c6ff.jpg

Yep.... that about sums it up.  LOL.  :)

I think you mentioned that photo a while back - and I'm super excited you found the picture!  Thanks for sharing!  I wonder how long that hung up like that before being replaced....  

All looks great and congrats on the anniversary!  I'm still thinking and loving the "After a couple hours I chopped the peppers and added them to some Bush’s Vegetarian Baked Beans (my favorite) along with some bacon", nothing like adding meat to a vegetarian dish! Love it!

10 hours ago, Gayton81 said:

All looks great and congrats on the anniversary!  I'm still thinking and loving the "After a couple hours I chopped the peppers and added them to some Bush’s Vegetarian Baked Beans (my favorite) along with some bacon", nothing like adding meat to a vegetarian dish! Love it!

Lol. I didn’t even think of the irony in that. My preference for the Vegetarian beans is that they don’t have any weird stuff lurking in them and I really prefer the flavor of them. I don’t like the big hunk of fat that seems to come with most regular beans. I never understood that and still don’t. If I have to use regular beans I immediately attempt to fish anything weird out of them.