Sign in to follow this  
Blamman

Thermometer Recomendations

I have the Javelin. No complaints.

Click on Kamado Guru Really Right Stuff. (Green Box upper right or top of home page)  Thermoworks has some quality products as well. Ordering via the affiliate link helps the forum too.

M.

M.

I use a thermoworks thermopen mk IV and an older mk III.  The thermopen is expensive, but it is super fast, and when trying to monitor 30 pieces of chicken on a hot kamado, fractions of a second add up. 

Thermoworks Thermopen MK 4

Seriously, $100 bucks or so gets you the "Best in the World."

How many times in your life can you say that you have the best in the World?

Hi, I came here to ask the same question.  My i-grill mini died recently.  For this type of thermometer, can you leave it in the meat?  The one thing that I liked about the igrill was the app integration so that I could keep an eye on it without going to the grill over and over.  Other than that the igrill mini (first generation) was pretty disappointing.  It lost connection quite a bit, was not very intuitive for on/off and died after only light use, although I had it for about 4 years.  

My 3 year old Ivation 2ch died yesterday... I'm glad I saw this post before spending $135 on Amazon to replace it.
I just ordered the Thermoworks Smoke 2Ch rig from the Right Stuff link. It's on sale for $84.15.