Tex

Field cast iron.

Welp...finally received the pan.

It looks gorgeous!!!! The surface is as slick as owl #### on linoleum!!!  Nothing like Lodge!

A little pissed since we just made Navy beans and cornbread yesterday dammit!!!!

I'll give a report once we use it.

5 minutes ago, Tex said:

Welp...finally received the pan.

It looks gorgeous!!!! The surface is as slick as owl #### on linoleum!!!  Nothing like Lodge!

A little pissed since we just made Navy beans and cornbread yesterday dammit!!!!

very interested to hear.  first i've seen this brand & checked out their site.  looks great!

5 minutes ago, freddyjbbq said:

very interested to hear.  first i've seen this brand & checked out their site.  looks great!

The quality looks extremely nice!!! I've never had a cast pan that I didnt refinish myself look this good.

It literally feels like non stick right out of the box!

On 1/28/2019 at 5:30 PM, Tex said:

The surface is as slick as owl #### on linoleum!!!

Could you provide some quantitative comparison of slickness between your skillet and owl #### on linoleum? I suspect your exaggerating the slickness of your skillet.

Now, if you were comparing against an unladen swallow, whether African OR European, I’d whole heartedly agree. 

2 hours ago, Chris Topher said:

Could you provide some quantitative comparison of slickness between your skillet and owl #### on linoleum? I suspect your exaggerating the slickness of your skillet.

Now, if you were comparing against an unladen swallow, whether African OR European, I’d whole heartedly agree. 

After further review it's definitely Owl #### slick,no doubt about it. 

Finally getting a reason to fire up the new Field cast iron.

Picked up a couple of 21 day rib eyes and we're gonna do the reverse sear and we'll need some bacon for the baked taters.

The Field kicked butt on the bacon!! Absolutely no sticking!!! Pretty impressive for the first thing we put in it.

IMG_3513.JPG

IMG_3514.JPG

Doing this indoors after last nights freezing run on some thick cut pork chops on the KJ.

Screw that!!! It's one thing to long cook something when it's 35 but doing a quick pair of chops ain't worth it!

In conclusion: The Field is a damn nice pan!!

Great for reverse sear,cornbread and pretty much anything you'd use cast iron for.  Clean up is a breeze since it's so slick.

The real testament? Just ordered the #8 for smaller jobs.

I'm Sold!