Jump to content

Tex

Field cast iron.

Recommended Posts

Welp...finally received the pan.

It looks gorgeous!!!! The surface is as slick as owl #### on linoleum!!!  Nothing like Lodge!

   A little pissed since we just made Navy beans and cornbread yesterday dammit!!!!

 

  I'll give a report once we use it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tex said:

Welp...finally received the pan.

It looks gorgeous!!!! The surface is as slick as owl #### on linoleum!!!  Nothing like Lodge!

   A little pissed since we just made Navy beans and cornbread yesterday dammit!!!!

 

  I'll give a report once we use it.

 

very interested to hear.  first i've seen this brand & checked out their site.  looks great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, freddyjbbq said:

 

very interested to hear.  first i've seen this brand & checked out their site.  looks great!

 

   The quality looks extremely nice!!! I've never had a cast pan that I didnt refinish myself look this good.

It literally feels like non stick right out of the box!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2019 at 5:30 PM, Tex said:

 The surface is as slick as owl #### on linoleum!!!

 

...

 

I'll give a report once we use it.

 

Could you provide some quantitative comparison of slickness between your skillet and owl #### on linoleum? I suspect your exaggerating the slickness of your skillet.

 

Now, if you were comparing against an unladen swallow, whether African OR European, I’d whole heartedly agree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chris Topher said:

 

Could you provide some quantitative comparison of slickness between your skillet and owl #### on linoleum? I suspect your exaggerating the slickness of your skillet.

 

Now, if you were comparing against an unladen swallow, whether African OR European, I’d whole heartedly agree. 

 

    After further review it's definitely Owl #### slick,no doubt about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

   Finally getting a reason to fire up the new Field cast iron.

Picked up a couple of 21 day rib eyes and we're gonna do the reverse sear and we'll need some bacon for the baked taters.

  The Field kicked butt on the bacon!! Absolutely no sticking!!! Pretty impressive for the first thing we put in it.

 

 

IMG_3513.JPG

IMG_3514.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

   Doing this indoors after last nights freezing run on some thick cut pork chops on the KJ.

Screw that!!! It's one thing to long cook something when it's 35 but doing a quick pair of chops ain't worth it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

   In conclusion: The Field is a damn nice pan!!

Great for reverse sear,cornbread and pretty much anything you'd use cast iron for.  Clean up is a breeze since it's so slick.

  The real testament? Just ordered the #8 for smaller jobs.

 

  I'm Sold!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...