freddyjbbq

Self Grind Burgers

1 hour ago, John Setzler said:

I am not against it.  Tell me how you would vision it being set up?

Am I missing something here?

Like to know a little background on the subject.

2 hours ago, John Setzler said:

@John Setzler im not really sure how that part of it works but  maybe we can make a thread and get some ideas on the set up? 

let me provide a little background on why i ask.......

i was looking @ckreef user panel to get a look at his WFO threads (dont tell my boss, i was at work when i was looking lol) and notice a tab that said "clubs."  i clicked on that and saw a group (photo attached) and got to thinking that it would be nice to have a spot on the to post our pellet cooks, ask questions, discuss cooking techniques, etc as they relate to pellet grills?

so, i guess to open a dialogue about a pellet forum, i guess it could be like a sub-category of "non-kamado" cooking maybe?  @jrow17 @bosco @KismetKamado @retfr8flyr @Sodaking27 what do you (and anyone else who like to discuss cooking on pellet grills) think?

pellet unthusiasts.JPG

40 minutes ago, Tex said:

Am I missing something here?

Like to know a little background on the subject.

see thread above.  not really much back ground other than an idea for us to post topics about pellet grill cooking related items.

2 hours ago, John Setzler said:

Cant you just create another section and then list all the different pellet smokers 

Treager 

Rectec

Yoder 

Ect ect

Very much lke you have the kamado section arranged 

Anyway food for thought

34 minutes ago, Stile 88 said:

Cant you just create another section and then list all the different pellet smokers 

Treager 

Rectec

Yoder 

Ect ect

Very much lke you have the kamado section arranged 

Anyway food for thought

Maybe in the future, I think just a section, like Fred suggested, where we can all talk about our grills and pass cooking info. I wouldn't want it to get too segregated initially, as people tend to not look at lots of divided sections but will show interest in one section.  

42 minutes ago, freddyjbbq said:

see thread above.  not really much back ground other than an idea for us to post topics about pellet grill cooking related items.

Meh....Pellet smoking is kinda mundane unless you're talking about the merits of each unit.

They all perform the same function,some better than others.

6 hours ago, retfr8flyr said:

Maybe in the future, I think just a section, like Fred suggested, where we can all talk about our grills and pass cooking info. I wouldn't want it to get too segregated initially, as people tend to not look at lots of divided sections but will show interest in one section.  

but you are doing that now in this section ... makes no difference to me but adding the dedicated sections can be done very easily and why not have those appropriate forums rather then one forum with all the pellet grill info on each smoker 

12 hours ago, retfr8flyr said:

this is what i'm thinking as well.

think that it should be 

1. simple and small subcategory to compliment our kamados and not compete with them (after all, its a kamado forum)

2. brand neutral (who cares what brand you cook on) but people can ask each other about the different features of the brands that they use to help them make buying decisions.

3.  if it stays uncomplicated then it would be easier to moderate/maintain (im thinking)

4. i dont know anything about running or moderating a forum other than i like posting here and chatting with friends about common interests.

12 hours ago, Tex said:

Meh....Pellet smoking is kinda mundane unless you're talking about the merits of each unit.

They all perform the same function,some better than others.

in this example, i feel that a pellet section would be beneficial to you because you can choose have it not come up in your feed yet still have "non-kamado' come up in your feed if that is your choice

1 hour ago, freddyjbbq said:

in this example, i feel that a pellet section would be beneficial to you because you can choose have it not come up in your feed yet still have "non-kamado' come up in your feed if that is your choice

I guess it would open new avenues of conversation.

3 hours ago, freddyjbbq said:

this is what i'm thinking as well.

think that it should be 

1. simple and small subcategory to compliment our kamados and not compete with them (after all, its a kamado forum)

2. brand neutral (who cares what brand you cook on) but people can ask each other about the different features of the brands that they use to help them make buying decisions.

3.  if it stays uncomplicated then it would be easier to moderate/maintain (im thinking)

4. i dont know anything about running or moderating a forum other than i like posting here and chatting with friends about common interests.

I find myself visiting this section a bit more, as I am very new to pellet grills (in fact, will do my first cook on one tonight!). I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions, and will be looking for tips and tricks here as I do in the other sections. For example one question is, can you do burgers on these things? And the pictures in this thread suggest yes you can :) those look good!

I've looked around for some other forums, I'm sure they are all quite nice, but I do like it here :) so if I can find what I need in one place that would be great!

6 minutes ago, O C said:

I find myself visiting this section a bit more, as I am very new to pellet grills (in fact, will do my first cook on one tonight!). I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions, and will be looking for tips and tricks here as I do in the other sections. For example one question is, can you do burgers on these things? And the pictures in this thread suggest yes you can :) those look good!

I've looked around for some other forums, I'm sure they are all quite nice, but I do like it here :) so if I can find what I need in one place that would be great!

O C thank you for posting!  Congrats on your new grill!!  what did you get and what are you cooking tonight?  make sure that you start a thread; id love to see.

i agree,  many of us use other devices for cooking and its great to chat with your familiar cooking peeps about various cookers, techniques, recipes, pellet types, flavors, etc.