freddyjbbq

Self Grind Burgers

@bosco @jrow17 and I have been discussing grinding & burgers on pellet grill: time/temp/seasoning, etc.

finally got a chance to make my first burgers last weekend: got a 4# chuck on sale for 9#, and ground & seasoned with salt/pepper/onion powder & garlic powder.

double-grind

super smoke 185f for 30 minutes & then 450 until about 165 in the center, came out wicked good!!!!

439D0BC2-CE76-46FC-9525-26E0F16EA6B2.jpeg

580D0DEE-FBC4-4CC0-A7EB-D3CE226C89F2.jpeg

19 minutes ago, freddyjbbq said:

@bosco @jrow17 and I have been discussing grinding & burgers on pellet grill: time/temp/seasoning, etc.

finally got a chance to make my first burgers last weekend: got a 4# chuck on sale for 9#, and ground & seasoned with salt/pepper/onion powder & garlic powder.

double-grind

super smoke 185f for 30 minutes & then 450 until about 165 in the center, came out wicked good!!!!

It's the only way to go!!

People dont know what they are missing when they buy store bought ground beef,it's not even close to home ground!!

When I trim a brisket I alway cut the thinnest part off the flat since it's going to dry out anyway and save it for ground meat.

And of course save the fat.

I dont season my ground beef. I figure I can do that based on what I'm using it for once thawed.

.....Oh,Nice looking burgers!!!

Edited by Tex

24 minutes ago, Tex said:

It's the only way to go!!

People dont know what they are missing when they buy store bought ground beef,it's not even close to home ground!!

When I trim a brisket I alway cut the thinnest part off the flat since it's going to dry out anyway and save it for ground meat.

And of course save the fat.

I dont season my ground beef. I figure I can do that based on what I'm using it for once thawed.

.....Oh,Nice looking burgers!!!

thanks Tex, Agree!!

1 hour ago, freddyjbbq said:

double-grind

Great looking burgers, I told you you were now ruined for store bought ground beef. 

1 hour ago, freddyjbbq said:

thanks Tex, Agree!!

Make yourself some homemade fennel sausage for pasta meat sauce,and of course some ground beef.

Freakin amazing !!!!

We used the same recipe as we normally do with store bought meats and the fresh ground blew it away!!!

Absolutely no comparison!!!

Edited by Tex

33 minutes ago, Tex said:

Make yourself some homemade fennel sausage for pasta meat sauce,and of course some ground beef.

Freakin amazing !!!!

We used the same recipe as we normally do with store bought meats and the fresh ground blew it away!!!

Absolutely no comparison!!!

Thanks Tex I’ll try that out for sure!!

34 minutes ago, Sodaking27 said:

I’ll take two with everything please...  Great looking burgers.

Thank you my brother!  With all of the recent posting about pellet cooking, I’m wondering if @John Setzler has any thoughts on revisiting the pellet section of the forum ? 

21 minutes ago, freddyjbbq said:

Thank you my brother!  With all of the recent posting about pellet cooking, I’m wondering if @John Setzler has any thoughts on revisiting the pellet section of the forum ? 

I am not against it.  Tell me how you would vision it being set up?