odamaK

2019 New Kamado Joe III being sold

20 hours ago, ebterrier said:

Welp, just pre-ordered my first kamado. KJ3 from Atlanta grill company. Also got cast iron grill, cast iron reversible, pizza stone, cover, mk4 temp probe, and smoke temp probe from thermoworks. And a bunch of meat church rubs. Website says they will start shipping the grills on the 15th of March. I think I'm set for awhile! 

-Tim

Congrsts. Sounds like a heck of a setup. 

Let us know what you think of the hyperbolic insert 

19 hours ago, Tampa said:

400 off retail is a nice preorder discount at Atlanta Grill Company 

Definitely, that is one reason I ended up going with the 3 instead of 2. Some what justifiable. Wife was pis*** but oh well. 

On 1/10/2019 at 10:30 AM, mbellot said:

Really?

I knew this was a thing with cellphones, but we are talking about a clay pot with a couple holes in it. I can't imagine spending BJ money a second (or third) time to get some fairly minor incremental changes as far as actual functionality is concerned.

Many people focus more on the grill that they have (or how many) than cooking or the cooks that they pull off of them.

it all gets back to doing what makes you get the most happiness and enjoyment out of this (or any) hobby. 

I have an an original black joe and it cooks great! I like the look of that KJ III

I just ordered the Big Joe III this morning from our local KJ dealer.  This is my first Kamado grill (been wanting one for years but couldn"t afford one).  I just retired and my good wife told me to go ahead and finally buy the KJ as a retirement gift. 

The dealer said the grill will be here early next week and they will deliver it and set it up for us.  The grill weighs 487 pounds, so I am thankful for their help.  I can't imagine a grill that weighs that much.  I can't wait to begin learning how to cook on it.  

2 minutes ago, Loopy1224 said:

I am buying my first kamado after years using an Oklahoma Joe. Ordered the Big Joe III from the Atlanta Grill Company.  Looks like they will ship on or about April 8th.

Double check that.. I think I saw some Big Joe 3 grills rolling out of AGC today...