Sign in to follow this  
Never L8 4 chow

Question for the ladies (anniversary present)

On 1/11/2019 at 11:53 AM, retfr8flyr said:

If she has other Sapphire jewelry think I would go with the Sapphire one. If not, then the pure Diamond one may be a better choice, or you can plan on getting her more Sapphire pieces to go with the brooch. 

Yes she has a few other sapphire & Diamond pieces, sapphires are her birthstone.

On 1/11/2019 at 1:14 PM, KismetKamado said:

Is a pallet of lump out of the question?  Because that’s the direction I’m leaning....  (Someone please feel free to pass that sentiment along to my husband two years from now....)

But seriously, just the fact that you care enough to put so much thought and effort into it, whatever gift you give her is going to be the perfect one.   I’m not a jewelry person, but the dragonfly is unique.... I like it.  Which one might depend on what she might wear it with as far as weather or not the sapphire wings would pop or get lost in the background. 

Mr KK is a very fortunate man!

23 hours ago, keeperovdeflame said:

If she wears jewelry and in particular brooches, that is certainly a beautiful one. Just depends on what she likes. What would she get herself if money was not a factor?

Yes she does wear jewelry, but never too much, or anything ostentatious.  She’s a minimalist.  And yes the brooch is a gamble, but they have been in hig fashion forever, and  made a strong resurgence over the past couple of years. Again I cross my fingers, and hope she likes it.

If money was not a factor.  Since the 20th anniversary was originally Considered China  anniversary, but has has been modernized into the platinum anniversary.

A limo would pick us up Friday morning, take us to the airport where a private jet  would be waiting to fly us  to San Francisco. Check in at the Hyatt on Market Street, have cocktails and exchange gifts. We would then go have dinner in Chinatown. . Spend the next day  rummaging around on the Embarcadero, and at fisherman‘s wharf. Have dinner at the Cliff House.  Spend the night back at the Hyatt. Fly back to Tampa on Sunday.

This was the original plan, but the logistics,  and the cost of the plane,  have gotten in the way.  I’m not done planning yet.

A delicate topic. A toughie to help with. I'll recount one of my better gift ideas.

Once during our anniversary,  I was out of town at job training.  We both knew this would be the case.

Neither of us said a word about it.

I am always humbled by the fact I have such a great wife. I always try to find a gift that is personal to her. She loves jigsaw puzzles. I managed to have a 3000 piece puzzle made from a photo my son took of the Tetons before I left. I put it under our bed.

On our aniversary, I called and had her get the puzzle gift from under our bed. She was totally in to it. 

Sometimes..........

Happy Anniversary.

M.

16 hours ago, keeperovdeflame said:

If you do go to the City, try Kokari for lunch or dinner. My favorite Greek resturant in the world. Look it up. 

Thank you for the suggestion. Looks exceptional, and conveniently located right around the corner. Not only your favorite, yours and many others, judging by the reviews. 

On 1/12/2019 at 11:45 PM, ckreef said:

That statement basically answers the question. 

Well kind of ...sorta...That’s is why I was seeking the ladies advice, and possibly you guys to get your wifes to chiming in . If they had a choice, which would they prefer?

KK did point out the potential of the sapphires getting lost on certain outfits.

We saw the diamond dragonfly several months ago while we were on one of our seldom visits to the mall, and she commented on it. I wouldn’t want to disappoint her by getting the sapphires. 

Edited by Never L8 4 chow

47 minutes ago, Never L8 4 chow said:

Thank you for the suggestion. Looks exceptional, and conveniently located right around the corner. Not only your favorite, yours and many others, judging by the reviews. 

Yeah, no worries about recommending this place, it's just flat wonderful, everyone likes it,  and the food is truly amazing. If you go I would order several  small plates and taste a little of a lot. Never had anything at Kokkari that wasn't truly delicious and top notch. Also the farmers markets and shops at the Ferry building are a lot of fun. Have fun and enjoy your anniversary. I love this restaurant so much, I bough their cook book, which I also highly recommend. There is also a place up the hill Called A-16 named for the major highway that runs through southern Italy, great food in general and the pizza is heavenly.