Sign in to follow this  
Never L8 4 chow

Question for the ladies (anniversary present)

Our 20th is coming up, and I was wondering which you’d prefer?

I’m not 100% deadest on this, but she has use about everything else she could want, and always says nothing, when asked.

Guys please feel free to chime in here too. I’m fresh out of new ideas.

2E9656C9-B8D3-4168-8D90-47121F8CDED7.jpeg

A41AB817-1424-4E33-BA49-07A31FBDBB78.jpeg

We may be in the minority but...we haven't exchanged gifts in years. Instead I rather make it her day and do what she loves. Whatever that may be. Queen for a day kind of thing. Although she is Queen everyday. :-D

You would be surprised...she will remember and cherish the acts more than any present you can give her. I made my wife an extravagant 8 course dinner that lasted most of the evening and late into the night. That was years ago and she still talks about it to this day. That was better than anything I could have purchased for her. 

Your wife sounds like my wife. Doesn't really need anything or want anything. Yeah you can buy her one of those and I'm sure she would love it. 

But its the simple things that matter most. The things you do from the heart. 

Is a pallet of lump out of the question?  Because that’s the direction I’m leaning....  (Someone please feel free to pass that sentiment along to my husband two years from now....)

But seriously, just the fact that you care enough to put so much thought and effort into it, whatever gift you give her is going to be the perfect one.   I’m not a jewelry person, but the dragonfly is unique.... I like it.  Which one might depend on what she might wear it with as far as weather or not the sapphire wings would pop or get lost in the background. 

1 hour ago, KismetKamado said:

Is a pallet of lump out of the question?  Because that’s the direction I’m leaning....  (Someone please feel free to pass that sentiment along to my husband two years from now....)

But seriously, just the fact that you care enough to put so much thought and effort into it, whatever gift you give her is going to be the perfect one.   I’m not a jewelry person, but the dragonfly is unique.... I like it.  Which one might depend on what she might wear it with as far as weather or not the sapphire wings would pop or get lost in the background. 

Hopefully that lump doesn’t have tons of rocks. Lol

1 hour ago, KismetKamado said:

Maybe from Santa?

2 hours ago, KismetKamado said:

PLEASE IGNORE KK!   This advice could Result in in BAD results for the dude giving the gift.   

Lol, I can’t even imagine....like “honey, here is your anniversary gift”, as she tears through each bag looking for a hidden necklace or something. 

Your husband found a very special wife. Won’t work for the other 99.9% of us.

15 hours ago, landscaper said:

We may be in the minority but...we haven't exchanged gifts in years. 

Minority? I'll tell you about being in the minority. This past year I totally forgot our anniversary. Wait that sounds like a bunch of other guys except I was saved by the fact that Mrs skreef also forgot our anniversary. We figured it out a few days late. The following weekend we went to a 5 star restaurant that cost us a small fortune. It was an awesome meal. 

6 hours ago, prowe said:

PLEASE IGNORE KK!   This advice could Result in in BAD results for the dude giving the gift.   

Lol, I can’t even imagine....like “honey, here is your anniversary gift”, as she tears through each bag looking for a hidden necklace or something. 

Your husband found a very special wife. Won’t work for the other 99.9% of us.

Says the man who doesn’t even know when his anniversary is.....  :)

Hate to admit it, but @prowe might be right about not listening to my lump proposal @Never L8 4 chow.... Definitely skip the lump idea and stick with the brooch.  Or you could do a hybrid gift and hide the brooch in a bag of lump. Then it’s a combo gift for both of you. ;)

On 1/11/2019 at 4:31 AM, ckreef said:

I think the one with sapphires looks better. Should make a nice gift. 

Thanks everyone for the replies!

I agree, the Sapphires & Diamonds look better to me too, and I saved about a Nickel.

Unfortunately the straight diamonds are available locally, but the combo had to be ordered. Hopefully it comes in time, fingers crossed.

On 1/11/2019 at 5:37 AM, landscaper said:

We may be in the minority but...we haven't exchanged gifts in years. Instead I rather make it her day and do what she loves. Whatever that may be. Queen for a day kind of thing. Although she is Queen everyday. :-D

You would be surprised...she will remember and cherish the acts more than any present you can give her. I made my wife an extravagant 8 course dinner that lasted most of the evening and late into the night. That was years ago and she still talks about it to this day. That was better than anything I could have purchased for her. 

Your wife sounds like my wife. Doesn't really need anything or want anything. Yeah you can buy her one of those and I'm sure she would love it. 

But its the simple things that matter most. The things you do from the heart. 

I think that would be fine on on odid birthday, but for this particular anniversary, I think I need to step up to the plate with just a little bit more focus on knocking it out of the park.  I would not consider my wife materialistic, but I know she likes things that sparkle.

Don’t ever let a woman fool you, sometimes they will say one thing, and be thinking something else, they want you to be able to read their minds. They want to be surprised and be  swept away by their lovers. Jmo

Edited by Never L8 4 chow