Tex

Glass front refrig suggestions

Looking to start dry ageing.

I've found several beverage refrigerators that are around 13 inches wide which is a little narrow.

Want something in the 24 inch range.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

For dry ageing I would stay away from glass front beverage fridges. The glass front is not very good at keeping the cold in. Also beverage refrigerators are notoriously not really good at getting down into the 34*-38* range which is what you are striving for. Try and find a large mini fridge with wire racks (not glass) for shelves. They are out there just hard to find. If you search my user name I have posts from a few years ago where I setup a dry ageing mini fridge as described above. 

To add to the negative list on glass front beverage coolers, they’re terribly inefficient and gobble up some serious electricity. A friend got a steal of a deal on a nearly brand new one and his electric bill went up $100 that month running it!

23 minutes ago, Tex said:

A regular fridge it is......

The only glass front units that looked any good were damn pricey anyway.

I got mine at sears. It's about 18" inside width. Could have been a little wider but that's about as wide as mini fridges come. I just cut 2 steaks off the end before putting it in the fridge.