Sign in to follow this  
freddyjbbq

Forkish Doughball

6 minutes ago, freddyjbbq said:

Hi Ben, happy new year!

what temp do you typically cook your pizzas with this recipe?

Happy new year! 

The forkish elements of pizza book is 70% hydration and based on about 500 F indoor oven if I remember correctly. 

1 hour ago, Ben S said:

Happy new year! 

The forkish elements of pizza book is 70% hydration and based on about 500 F indoor oven if I remember correctly. 

yeah, thats what i got as well.  probably get the pizza oven ripping and then let the temp settle down around that temp before i cook them.

probably going to do 6 or so.

we have an actual WFO now so the Uuni (which i love) is going up on the Craigs list lol.

14 hours ago, freddyjbbq said:

yeah, thats what i got as well.  probably get the pizza oven ripping and then let the temp settle down around that temp before i cook them.

probably going to do 6 or so.

we have an actual WFO now so the Uuni (which i love) is going up on the Craigs list lol.

Whoa.   Wfo?  Which one?  And the Uuni. Which model? How much?  I really don’t think it makes sense for me, but I have to ask. 

2 hours ago, Ben S said:

Whoa.   Wfo?  Which one?  And the Uuni. Which model? How much?  I really don’t think it makes sense for me, but I have to ask. 

Its the Uuni Pro model and it’s awesome, I love it.  It can cook up to a 16” pizza.

i have all of the burners:

pellet-wood & charcoal - gas burner, cover, pizza peel etc.

all retails around $800 and I’ve only used it 3 times.  I hate the thought of getting rid of it but also hate the idea of it sitting unused in my storage area so I’m not 100% sure what I’ll do.

planning on building some sort of metal-roofed cooking gazebo but space will fill up quickly between 2 timberlines, a kJ classic, WFO and Traeger Ranger.

see what happens, but meantime the kids want some bacon pizza this afternoon lol