pmillen

Taller Stand for Joe Jr.

Sometimes our Big Joe is too large for a small cook (there's just the two of us).  I'm thinking of adding a Joe Jr.

It appears to be designed to stand on a table.  I don't have an appropriate one on our deck.  I guess I can make one but I'd rather have a frame like the Big Joe's.

What are the Joe Jr. users using to get it up to a comfortable working height? 

Until I got my table finished I used an antique Coleman camp table.   Wasn't my first choice so that spurred me on to finish my table to support my BJ and Jr.  As you can see, it was, right height, easy, and stable enough to work until my table was finished

P1010571.thumb.JPG.cfebbde17fcd84e8b40cbd6a392162d5.JPGP1010666.thumb.JPG.b2a70c85cad5e3c7062eae5dbbc34f3e.JPG

Edited by BURGER MEISTER

I'm planning on adding a Joe Jr. as well to go with my Classic II , and have thought about different ideas to elevate it.

One idea was to use a half wine barrel planter flipped upside down as a platform. They are 18" tall which should be 

perfect height , very stable , and I think it might look pretty cool with a Junior. You can get them at Lowes or Home Depot

for about $40 to $50.

A cool table with the two KJs.  Nice work.

The half barrel is a good idea.  If I can't locate appropriate castors that will mount on the curved surface I can use a base.

22 hours ago, hillbillyben said:

Put the stand in a classic stand.  

Fits perfect and is the perfect height.   

I picked up a classic stand on Craigslist for 35$

$120 new.