Sign in to follow this  
coolpapabill

Spatchcock chicken , vegetables, and potatoes

Did a spatchcock chicken tonight . Cooked on the grill expander with a tray of red bliss potatoes ,

baby carrots , sweet onions , garlic , butternut squash ,  brussels sprouts , and Mexican green onions.

Cooked at 350 degrees on Fogo Premium with a couple chunks of Cherry and Pecan wood.

Went 1hour then added the sprouts to tray and Mexican onions on the rack next to the chicken.

Let it go for another 30 minutes. Everything  came out perfectly cooked. 

IMG_7051.jpg

IMG_7050.jpg

IMG_7049.jpg

A top-notch cook.  I'd love to try to duplicate that.  Please give some thought to posting a step-by-step recipe with a few photographs and the rub you used in the appropriate section.  Something that an inept cook like me can follow.

Ingredients

• Blah
  • Blah
  • Blah

Instructions

• Blah
  • Blah
  • Blah

Thanks everyone. Only been cooking on The Kamado Joe for 2 months , but have getting great results.

pmillen most of the directions are in the original post above. I will post exact directions in the Poultry

section of Recipes. Just used olive oil , salt , pepper , and Herbs de Provence as seasoning ,btw.

28 minutes ago, coolpapabill said:

pmillen most of the directions are in the original post above. I will post exact directions in the Poultry

section of Recipes. Just used olive oil , salt , pepper , and Herbs de Provence as seasoning ,btw.

Thanks for doing that. I asked because I can misinterpret almost anything.  I wasn’t certain if your comment, “Cooked on the grill expander with a tray of red bliss potatoes…” meant in a tray of red bliss potatoes or alongside a tray of red bliss potatoes.  And I thought that the chicken rub and vegetable seasoning were important.

I need that specificity because I’m somewhat a fumbling cook.

pmillien , Tray under the Grill Expander , so you get all the drippings on the vegetables ( add a cup of stock).

Also , I just sliced a whole head of garlic in half , and separated the cloves threw them in with the skins on.

They'll come out like roasted garlic , little nuggets of heaven.

Forgot to add indirect cook , with heat deflector