Smoked and Braised Oxtails

TheGHole

Hello!  Here are some Oxtails I smoked and then braised.  I got the recipe here - http://howtobbqright.com/2017/10/13/smoked-oxtails/.  The only thing I did differently is use Mississippi Grind as my rub, and I served them with the veggies instead of strain them out.  They turned out delicious...truly spectacular tails.  I highly recommend this recipe.  Sticky and decadent in the best way possible.  I actually prefer the flavor of oxtails to braised short rib, but I know that may be an unpopular opinion ;)

Please ask any questions!

P.s. @Bgosnell151...I told you that I would tell you when I made these!

IMG_5182.JPG

IMG_5183.JPG

Very nice dish, it looks really good!  I did the exact same recipe over my winter break and like you, I used a different rub.  My family inhaled them, I was sorry that I didn't cook more.  Thanks for sharing, your pictures are very good.  

On 1/13/2019 at 7:47 AM, keeperovdeflame said:

Those looks delicious. I love to braise in my kamado. I do lamb shanks much the same way. Major comfort food on a cold day. 

Sounds amazing!  I'll have to try it with lamb

13 minutes ago, Bgosnell151 said:

Challenge: finding oxtails in MA is not easy!!!

Let me me know if you find some at a local store. I’d like to try this as well. Though I suspect I’d have to lie to my wife about the cut of meat.

7 minutes ago, prowe said:

Let me me know if you find some at a local store. I’d like to try this as well. Though I suspect I’d have to lie to my wife about the cut of meat.

I have tried lying about a cut of meat before. I have not been able to get away with it. If she does not know what it is, she will not eat it.

If I can get her to try something that she "does not like", she might like it, but won't want to eat more than just a bite.

Edited by Golf Griller

9 minutes ago, Golf Griller said:

I have tried lying about a cut of meat before. I have not been able to get away with it. If she does not know what it is, she will not eat it.

If I can get her to try something that she "does not like", she might like it, but won't want to eat more than just a bite.

If my wife says she don’t like something, even if she has never tried it, she will stay committed to her stated opinion.   If by chance she accidentally tries something she “don’t like” and finds she likes it, even if it’s clear she likes it, she will never admit it.