8. freddyjbbq

freddyjbbq

9. philpom

philpom

10. Golf Griller

Golf Griller

• Similar Content

• By Edward Cook
      I've been seeing your posts about pork belly and wondering what the big deal was ... well, now I know!

I headed over to Costco and got one ... seasoned it up with my homemade rub.

After about 4 hours of hickory smoke at 225 - 250 F, I pulled it off the Kamado Joe, rested it and cooled it.

A few hours later when my better half made it home (I'm "working from home" for a few months) ... I sliced it and we heated the slices up on the griddle, and made some fried rice and "stir-fried" green beans with onions, almonds and mushrooms ...

The final product was fantastic ... at least the family thought so ... and that's some spicy Korean BBQ sauce drizzled on the pork belly.

Good times in Texas! 
    • By mslagle
      Grilled up a tri-tip for steak tacos while watching the bowl games today. Seasoned with Oakridge BBQ’s Competition Beef and Pork rub. Seared both sides and then cooked indirectly until it was med-rare in the thickest part of the steak. Homemade guacamole and pickled onions as toppings. 

My team (University of Kentucky) doesn’t play Penn State until New Year’s Day, but I’m still rooting for the other SEC teams playing today! 

• By pmillen
      Ingredients
      1 Pkg. Costco Country Style Ribs
      Marinade Ingredients
      1 cup white distilled vinegar
      ¼ cup ketchup
      ¼ cup apple juice
      3 tablespoons Light brown sugar
      1 tablespoon kosher salt
      1 teaspoon hot sauce (tapatio)
      1 teaspoon ground pepper
      1 teaspoon red pepper flakes

Directions
      1.   Cut the pork into golf ball sized chunks and marinate it for 24 hours
      2.   Preheat your kamado to 300°F with your favorite smoke wood chunks added
      3.   Grill the pork until the internal temperature is about 205°F and the pork chunks probe tender (about an hour)
      4.   Consolidate the pork chunks into throw-away pans and cover them with BBQ sauce
      5.   Return the sauced chunks to the kamado to set the sauce

Marinating

On the kamado with heat deflectors below

Light blue smoke at 297°F

Out of the kamado and ready for sauce

Consolidated, with 2 different sauces

I have a photograph of the finished product but adding it exceeded the 14.65MB limit.

• By JeffieBoy
      So my daughter is getting married tomorrow.  A smaller wedding (98 guests) taking place at his family farm.  The groom and his brother own a distillery business on the farm and the wedding will be held outside between the home and the business.  The meal will be catered and the boys wil have the wood fired oven going for late night pizzas.  Think they can do four or five at a shot.  At the last minute she has asked me to provide a 60-70ish pulled pork sliders.  So I snuck out of work early today, managed to find five nice pork shoulder “partial bone-in roasts” totalling about 10kg (22 lbs), raced home, rubbed them up, injected with apple juice and loaded up the Akorn.  Going to finish them tonight, pulled and pack the meat and get into bed.  Tomorrow I need to pick up the slider buns that I ordered, slice the tomatoes and onions, prepare some sauce and away we go!  Meat will be rehated in the pizza oven prior to serving.

i had done three 8 pound butts before and they were actually a better fit than these five smaller roasts.  More photos to follow.  Wish me luck!

• By DerHusker
      I saw this package of Wild Caught Ono filets for a good price at Costco and decided to put it in my cart.

Ono is the Hawaiian name for what we call Wahoo in Mexican waters. Here’s a picture of one.

It’s a delicious tasting white fleshed fish. I’ve never had the pleasure to catch one but it’s one of the most sought-after game fish. It’s something like a cross between a Tuna and a Barracuda but with the size of a tuna and is one of the fastest fish in the ocean. I thawed out a couple of filets and then coated them with some Tajin seasoning.

I let them marinate for a couple of hours while I prepared others things for my tacos. Once Jr. was 400 degrees I put the filets on for approximately 2 minutes per side. (They were triangular so that was 3 sides)

Here they are plated up on some corn tortillas with red & green cabbage, onion, cilantro, avocado salsa, avocado slices, some Mexican Creama and a Modelo.

Muy Bueno!

Thanks for looking.