• Similar Content

• By DerHusker
      The wife and I are doing the Weight Watchers program so I’m eating quite a bit differently that I did in the past. This was cooked inside on the stove top, but thought I’d share it anyway. (As it was delicious!)

Ingredients:

cooking spray (I used some Red Pepper infused OO spray)

1 medium Golden Potato, Diced into approximately ½” pieces

½ cup onion, chopped

1 medium poblano chile, seeded and diced. (Mine was small so I added some Bell Pepper I had left over)

1 cup corn

1 cup black beans, drained

1 cup zucchini, Diced into approximately ½” pieces (I used a Mexican Squash)

1 tsp cumin (I used ½ tsp of Fajita seasoning and ½ tsp of cummin)

1 pinch salt, or to taste

½ cup, green variety (I used 2 Tbsp of the Hatch Chile and 4 tbsp of Herdez salsa verde - plus extra for garnish)

4 large eggs

2 Tbsp fresh chopped cilantro (for garnish)

Here a pic of most of the ingredients I used.

I started out by dicing up the potato and putting it in a slightly sprayed Non-Stick skillet to start cooking.

Once it started to brown, I put the onion, poblano and bell peppers.

Once it started to sweat, I added the black beans, corn, squash and seasoning. I let this cook for approximately 6 to 7 minutes.

After that I stirred in the Hatch chilies and Salsa Verde and let that cook another minute.

I then made 4 depressions in the mixture and crack the eggs in them.

I covered the skillet to help the tops of the eggs cook.

And afterwards I plated it up with some wheat toast.

As I said, this was delicious and except for the toast, it was zero points for the Purple Program we’re on!

Thanks for looking.

• By HokieOC
      This weekend I'm attempting my first dual-cook, a pork shoulder/butt and a brisket flat.  I have a KJ Classic and an Akorn Jr, so I could do the pork on the Junior and brisket on the classic and not worry about it.  But for the sake of only using one grill for two things that cook generally the same in terms of temp (also admittedly, I just kinda want to try it), I'm planning to use the extender rack on the KJ, put the butt on that then add the flat under it a few hours later as I'm anticipating less time for the flat than the butt (Never done just a flat, only packers, but I think the flats take less time?).  

Has anyone ever done this?  My only concern is the butt dripping fat all over the brisket, not sure if that will change the flavor or get it all greasy and it's a big no-no?  Or will it not mess with the flat at all and if anything make it better from dripping fat all over it and keeping it from drying out?

Thanks!
    • By LJS
      Hello Kamado Peeps,
      Has ana awesome weekend.
      My friend did a low and slow leg of lamb on the Webber kettle and left it in sauce with the aim of enhancing the gravy. It sure did and pulled apart beautifully on the rolls, he also did not use any wood just natural spices.    
      So I had to do a cook myself. Went to this new meat shop (meat emporium Sydney) and the selection and quality is really good. I walked out over budget and decided to do some pork ribs a monster pcs.
      Spice: Pepper, salt, garlic, mustard, onion, paprika, sugar and cayenne pepper  
      Wood: Cheery and 1pcs pecan
      3 2 1 method – full proof as always, some 5-6 hours later yummy
      Keep smoking ….

• By DerHusker
      Wanted to start Super Bowl Sunday out right. I decided on Huevos Rancheros.
      Started out making the sauce by sautéing some onions and bell pepper.

Once they had started to wilt, I added a can of diced tomato.

After that had cooked for a few minutes, I added a small can of rojas enchilada sauce and let this simmer for 15 minutes.

After the sauce was done, I cooked up some potatoes. (While these were cooking, I cooked up some black beans inside)

Grilled up some tortillas.

And finally cooked up some eggs. (these were for the wife’s dish)

With everything ready, I plated it up. Here are these pics served up with some orange juice and coffee.

Thanks for looking.
    • By pmillen
      I smoke-roasted this in a Karubecue C-60 stick burner but previous cooks were done in a Cookshack Fast Eddy PG500 pellet pit.  I think it would cook up well in a kamado.  It's the best thing I've ever cooked.

I doubled the recipe for a dinner party.

Ingredients
      One bone-in pork loin roast
      2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
      2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
      2 teaspoons dried sage leaves
      1 teaspoon garlic powder
      Salt and pepper to taste

Optional Pan Sauce 
      ¾ cup dry vermouth or white wine
      1 cup water
      Salt and pepper to taste

Instructions

1.  Trim off unneeded fat and silverskin to expose the meat to the rub.

2.  Rub the roast all over with mustard.  Sprinkle it with the thyme, sage, garlic, salt and pepper, patting so the seasonings will adhere.

3.  Put the loin back in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
      4.  Preheat pit to 350° F.
      5.  Place the loin in the pit, bones down, until it reaches an internal temperature of 145° to 150° F.

6.  Remove the roast from the oven, place it on a cutting board, tent it with foil, and let it rest for 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, if desired, make a pan sauce
      7.  Place roasting pan over high heat. 
      8.  Add the vermouth and water. 
      9.  Bring to a boil, scraping up all the browned bits. 
      10.  Continue to boil until reduced by about half.
      11.  Slice the pork into chops and serve, drizzling each serving with the pan juices.