KismetKamado

Cowboy Ribeye Revisited

The cowboy ribeye last weekend was such a hit that we had to do it again.  This time with a little more effort on the sides. 

Again, Mr KK used his pellet grill to smoke the ribeye to around 120F.

Meanwhile, I put together a Zucchini and Onion gratin.... heavy on the onion. 

F7C6E26A-8BF7-4797-86D1-46139EFBADA7.thumb.jpeg.0655d85a2d481a04539f5dda2480b2ca.jpeg

Onto the grill.  Potatoes had a 24 hour brine in them due to unforeseen circumstances.

7C40F767-B98B-487C-85B6-FADAEB2F5764.thumb.jpeg.20f40355ad2a5779bc384c4318ddd79f.jpeg

Moved the potatoes to the pellet grill. Finished off the gratin before setting up for the sear. 

2E631AB0-D8CD-46D1-BC74-4B55B448514C.thumb.jpeg.45351d6bfba40f696f5d6ac9fe203daf.jpeg

First on go the shrimp. 

D17B02EE-8E23-46D3-B20C-D548F4D7D7D9.thumb.jpeg.dae86e00067b69af56c0c2931803fe9e.jpeg

Followed by the Ribeyes. 

A6F37AA9-89DB-4BC2-987A-C2EF188C1B43.thumb.jpeg.bb14a4bd07c80d9e05e9c7d22c0e3ad1.jpeg

All plated up.... an outstanding meal. 

D2E41134-20F5-430E-A843-755A41E6267B.thumb.jpeg.ba96c766d0e5778c3ba24f38085c4e16.jpeg

I have applied forensic analysis to the above photos and the problem I have with the plating is that there were two cowboy ribeye's cooked and I couldn't possibly be seeing more than a 1/2 of one on that plate. Where's the rest of the beef? :-D

Then again, upon further review– perhaps your husband let you have all of the shrimp so that he could have 1 1/2 portions of steak. Wise man!!! :-D

Just kidding! Fantastico

5 hours ago, CentralTexBBQ said:

I have applied forensic analysis to the above photos and the problem I have with the plating is that there were two cowboy ribeye's cooked and I couldn't possibly be seeing more than a 1/2 of one on that plate. Where's the rest of the beef? :-D

Then again, upon further review– perhaps your husband let you have all of the shrimp so that he could have 1 1/2 portions of steak. Wise man!!! :-D

Just kidding! Fantastico

I agree, inquiring minds want to know what happened to the rest of the cowboy ribeyes.

8 hours ago, CentralTexBBQ said:

Just kidding! Fantastico

2 hours ago, Golf Griller said:

I agree, inquiring minds want to know what happened to the rest of the cowboy ribeyes.

Ok, ok, ok....  

So the first time we bought one of these Mr. KK took a couple of steaks out of the freezer to cook for me and the older girl - and he put on quite a show and tangled with the cowboy ribeye himself....  Oddly enough the next time he seemed willing to share. Imagine that.....

Anyway, I think he decided there has to be a happy medium between eating one himself and splitting one three ways. So now we go with cook two and have leftovers. 

For the record that was his plate - the shrimp should have been the dead giveaway that I wouldn’t touch that one with a ten foot pole.  He’s lucky I will even cook shellfish for him...  I’m sure he probably had an additional serving of steak although I didn’t witness it first hand. 

The older daughter had several slices and a baked potato.

I had two slices and a half a sweet potato and a larger serving of the veggie dish. My plate did not look nearly as impressive.  

And the older girl had a nice ribeye lunch.

There you have it.... No funny business.... No SteakGate went down.... everything is a ok. We can all rest easy that all is right in the world and nothing fishy happened with the rest of the ribeyes. Lol. 

4 hours ago, Bgosnell151 said:

Soooo, did ya try the shrimp?  Everything looks fantastic.  I might have to look more into your zucchini and onion gratin, especially with my New Years resolution being to have more Vegas on the grill.

Heck no I didn’t try the shrimp!!!!!!  

I’ve done the zucchini gratin a number of times since ckreef posted it here.  It’s really good. I went a bit overboard with onions this time. Kind of got carried away thin slicing and then figured why not and added them all. 

45 minutes ago, coolpapabill said:

Great plate of food , I'll definitely be making the Zucchini Gratin soon.

It’s very good and easy to throw together - I think you’ll be really happy with it. It’s a nice departure from a standard veggie side dish. Thankful @ckreef posted that recipe - it’s a keeper.