Jebber

My First Customization

image.thumb.jpg.1d8ef7a29f3f6a8de26138e875472d19.jpgI managed to accidentally drop some hot charcoal on the plastic shelves and burned/melted them a little.   

I decided to make replacements out of wood and stain them to match. I think they turned out well, of course if I did it again I would do it a little better lol. 06D96AD0-2E49-46F7-8ED6-8E79CE1A07A0.thumb.jpeg.b6aa3e2c792104c6aa04a223c34dc160.jpeg

I’m now jonesing to build a table. 

Popular, I had some left over from trimming out my interior windows. If I was going to start from scratch I’d probably go with a more exotic hardwood but being retired I have to watch my cash flows. 

Considering what you’re going to use it for, popular or any other scrap you have laying around would be fine except maybe PT.

If you’re going to use it you’re probably going to mark it up again anyway.

Oh yea, I’m totally gonna mar it up, just a question of when. :)

I almost made a couple of extra slats but I think I need all the wood I have left to trim out a window in my laundry room (only window I have yet to replace) 

2 minutes ago, keeperovdeflame said:

I like it, looks great to me. A grill is supposed to have that well earned, I get used a lot look ; so I would worry about marring the slats with use. Ever seen the tables in Franklins BBQ?

LOL