Sign in to follow this  
BrianAZ

2019 Costco Pit Boss

Do you think we will see a Costco Pit Boss model this year?  My Costco already has the grills on the floor, but no Kamado. I don’t see anything on the website either. 

I would love to pick up a 24” model this year. 

32 minutes ago, Youngbuyer said:

They are here!

In my store anyway. Southern California

Buy now or wait until end of summer clearance?

Russell

The answer to that question depends on how much  restraint you are capable of and what the current price is. One thing to keep in mind, is that thy only put on clearance the product that they have in stock, so you will have to watch the floor and count the boxes of unsold grills to give you and idea of where you stand. If they all sell within a reasonable time period,  there is no clearance sale. 

4 hours ago, keeperovdeflame said:

The answer to that question depends on how much  restraint you are capable of and what the current price is. One thing to keep in mind, is that thy only put on clearance the product that they have in stock, so you will have to watch the floor and count the boxes of unsold grills to give you and idea of where you stand. If they all sell within a reasonable time period,  there is no clearance sale. 

Also, look for the * on the price. That means that they are not going to have any more.

I’ll have to check it out. They still aren’t on the website. Last year our local Costco’s didn’t put them in clearance. The manager I talked to said it was up to each store manager, but they were selling too well here for anyone to consider it. 

What color are they this year?  Black like previous years or blue like last year?

Just stopped by my local Costco this evening, and they didn’t have any Kamado on the floor. Just the same gas and pellet grills they have had for several weeks. Nobody had any idea when they might come in if at all. 

On 2/11/2019 at 11:02 AM, Youngbuyer said:

They are here!

In my store anyway. Southern California

Buy now or wait until end of summer clearance?

Russell

There was no clearance in my local store last year either. 

What's the price in store? They have been moving up in price pretty much every year. I think the first year they were $599 in store and last year they were up to $749 IIRC. Are they essentially the same as last years model? I haven't seen any locally yet.

I'm still rocking my 2016 and have been really happy with it.

the 2 brands  Louisiana Grills  and Pitt boss are owned by the same parent company Dansons.

The Kamado is manufactured in china by  AUPLEX Kamado who OEM for lots of different brands as above Pit Boss, Kong, Vision, Auplex(they do retail themselves) Ynni  there are loads of brands that have slightly differing accessories and vent configurations but all manufactured in the same place

Its the same grill with a different brand