Sign in to follow this  
BrianAZ

2019 Costco Pit Boss

Interesting. I wonder if they are dropping the Pitt Boss brand name. They were selling an LG K24 (black only) that had stainless hardware for $899 and then the Pitt Boss K24 version was $599 (Costco) with black coated hardware. 

You guys are killing me. 

Mommy store still doesn’t have any out. They have all other grills, pool stuff, and summer items, but no Kamados. 

Just went to my local Costco in the Twin Cities yesterday, and they had it displayed for $599.  It looks very similar to last years model except that they got rid of the Pit Boss name and went to Louisiana Grills.  Does anyone have any insight if there are other differences worth noting over last years version?

The lid seemed very hard to open/close, but not sure if it was just because it was the floor model.  Does anyone have personal experience with the lid?

I am thinking of pulling the trigger this year, and getting my first Kamado.

Looking at the floor model in my local Costco they are identical to last year just re-branded. The vents and accessories are also the same. I bought mine last year and am very happy with it. I did do 3 things to it over the summer. 

1 put thread locking compound on the centre bolts on the hinge (they loosen over time) 

2 put extra felt on the upper vent to tighten up the fit and help with shutting down 

3 removed the screened door and added felt to the back of the solid door to help with getting a good air tight seal when shutting down.