BrianAZ

2019 Costco Pit Boss

1 hour ago, BrianAZ said:

Just an FYI, but Costco just dropped the online price to $599. 

Since my local costco didn’t get any of these, I waited until the online price dropped. 

Can anyone confirm if this has dropped in store? I just bought mine a few days ago and Costco will credit if purchased within 30 days. I may run up there tomorrow to check

44 minutes ago, Steve325 said:

Can anyone confirm if this has dropped in store? I just bought mine a few days ago and Costco will credit if purchased within 30 days. I may run up there tomorrow to check

It’s  up to each store. None of my local Costco’s dropped their price last year even though online and other stores dropped them. I talked to the manager and he said the decision to lower prices is up to each store. Because the local stores were selling so well, none of them dropped prices. Had I known this I would have bought one in store last year. 

I went to Costco today and they were offering the $100 instant manufacturer's rebate ($500 total for the grill as opposed to $600 online). It is through the 15th and while supplies last. My local Costco was down to 2 left. Not sure if it being a manufacturer's rebate will affect them honoring the lower price if you have already purchased in store.

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:37 AM, MN Griller said:

Just went to my local Costco in the Twin Cities yesterday, and they had it displayed for $599.  It looks very similar to last years model except that they got rid of the Pit Boss name and went to Louisiana Grills.  Does anyone have any insight if there are other differences worth noting over last years version?

The lid seemed very hard to open/close, but not sure if it was just because it was the floor model.  Does anyone have personal experience with the lid?

I am thinking of pulling the trigger this year, and getting my first Kamado.

Maplewood had plenty in yesterday at $499. I'd grab one to replace my Akorn but I figure I can fight with it for another couple years before it rusts out.

I wonder if my local Costco has them for sale for 499 and if so, if they would credit me the difference since I just bought my Kamado last month.  I mean theoretically I could lug it back over there and return it for a refund according to their return policy and just repurchase but that would be a royal pain in the ###.

Such an awesome price. Even the 699 I paid is an awesome price. I feel guilty not buying a primo because its US made but I just couldnt get the coin.

The Tustin Costco at the District also has them marked down at $499. Two in boxes (was three but picked one up today. . . :) ). 

WARNING! - VERY HEAVY BOX! Took three to load into our Atlas. Of course, didn't have the luxury of having a crew to help my UNLOAD at home so ended up cutting open the box and taking out PIECE BY PIECE (including unbolting the lid).

Picked one up today at Costco for $350. It was the last boxed grill along with the floor model which was a little damaged. Pretty stoked on the price. This in addition to the KJ Big Joe I got from the roadshow a few weeks ago. The KJ is gonna be for home, while this LG24 is gonna go to my home in PA.

Also new to the forum, hello all. Looking forward to learning some tricks about Kamado cooking.