Sign in to follow this  
freddyjbbq

Pretty Babies !!

Got some decent color on these babies that we made for game day on Sunday.

we rubbed these guys down with Traegers Pork & Poultry rub and a slight dusting of granulated brown sugar.

supersmoke at 165 for 2 hours,

cooked at 225 for 2 hours,

braized in foil for about an hour

used Traeger Gourmet Pellets from Costco 

AFE5DA56-672F-4601-98E8-1B2F37E50016.jpeg

48 minutes ago, bel4_20 said:

Sorry guys not to hijack this but can you do the full cook on the supersmoke setting? start to finsh? or is the SS option only to permeate the meat with smoke flavor?

Where in the heck have you been? Haven’t seen you post in couple days.

anywho, to answer your question, yes & yes.  You can smoke as-long-as you wish , supersmoke can only be activate between 165f and 225f so if you stay between that range, it works .  You can also supersmoke at low temp for a while to introduce smoke flavor and then ramp up later if u want.

We supersmoked my last batch of jerky start to finish & man-oh-man 

5 hours ago, freddyjbbq said:

Thanks Earl, what u cooking this weekend? 

Food Lion had butts for $.99lb this week, so I will be doing 6 of them on the 1300 tomorrow, 5 for pulled and I am going to do one for some Carnitas. Friday looks like the only day I can cook them, supposed to be nasty and rainy this weekend.

26 minutes ago, retfr8flyr said:

Food Lion had butts for $.99lb this week, so I will be doing 6 of them on the 1300 tomorrow, 5 for pulled and I am going to do one for some Carnitas. Friday looks like the only day I can cook them, supposed to be nasty and rainy this weekend.

dang, thats a big cook.  i'd love to see a thread on the carnitas, im very interested in them.

It will be my first attempt at doing a Carnitas flavored butt. I am looking forward to the experience and hope it comes out good, as I love Carnitas. I will try and remember to get some shots and post it up. Three of the BBQ butts will be going to family members, will eat one and put one, along with the Carnitas one, in the freezer.

10 minutes ago, retfr8flyr said:

It will be my first attempt at doing a Carnitas flavored butt. I am looking forward to the experience and hope it comes out good, as I love Carnitas. I will try and remember to get some shots and post it up. Three of the BBQ butts will be going to family members, will eat one and put one, along with the Carnitas one, in the freezer.

i wish is was part of your family.

....... wait, do members of your BBQ family get one?  :afro: