ckreef

Pizzagetti Revisited

Posted something similar before. This was an especially good version. I do this cook frequently. When I have a last minute craving for pizza but don't have the time for dough. 

I use personal sized Caserole dishes for this. Add a little cooked pasta in the bottom. In this case I used a Roasted Garlic and Parsley Fettuccine. 

pg1.thumb.jpg.c89ce8225924ff9a6e4df9c798a13138.jpg

Add a generous amount of homemade pizza sauce. The pasta will soak up a little bit of the liquid out of the sauce so you need a generous amount or you'll end up with a dry dish. 

pg2.thumb.jpg.859ff1cc0604606886095c32df97a8d1.jpg

Added cubed up fresh mozzarella and fontana cheese. 

pg3.thumb.jpg.afa938ac97eb48433afa77be493e679a.jpg

Some shredded mozzarella. 

pg4.thumb.jpg.3052e65073cc50a0f1a20e0f09a009f7.jpg

Sweet Italian sausage and ham. 

pg5.thumb.jpg.9e1a152ae7dbfd971a18477d79d1470b.jpg

Oops I forgot a picture. Small chopped green peppers and onions and finally some pepperoni. Pepperoni always goes on last so you get nice crispy pepperoni. 

pg6.thumb.jpg.8afae69a9bbc3083651243f34935bf81.jpg

I put it in the Primo Oval Jr, indirect at 450* dome temperature. 

pg7.thumb.jpg.d50cbe86b1023cf5ada783b4358a3432.jpg

pg8.thumb.jpg.49ffd72b5785dff2741db16e1d29df9b.jpg

35 minutes later it doesn't get much better than this. 

pg9.thumb.jpg.8b3445d294d27dcb85459b111dfa5b6d.jpg

If you don't have personal sized Caserole dishes get one for every member in the family. It's an awesome way to serve certain meals. 

@freddyjbbq and @bosco to do this cook in my WFO I would first take the oven up to about 800*. That cleans the dome and helps heat soak the WFO. As the temperature was slowly drifting back down I would put it in the WFO at around 500*-550* and rotate/shuffle around after 15 minutes. 

1 hour ago, ckreef said:

@freddyjbbq and @bosco to do this cook in my WFO I would first take the oven up to about 800*. That cleans the dome and helps heat soak the WFO. As the temperature was slowly drifting back down I would put it in the WFO at around 500*-550* and rotate/shuffle around after 15 minutes. 

Dang, that looks SO GOOD!!!!   thank you for sharing the WFO knowlege and tips, certainly appreciate it as i learn WFO!

1 hour ago, bosco said:

that looks great ckreef.  That was the hardest part of the pizza oven for me.  Learning to be patient and cooking on the down swing of the heat cycle

It is definitely a learning curve especially timing the down swing so you eat within a resonable amount of time compared to when you planned. I'm sure every WFO is a bit different. I'm learning, I'm getting better at it and I usually get my timing close. 

1 minute ago, ckreef said:

It is definitely a learning curve especially timing the down swing so you eat within a resonable amount of time compared to when you planned. I'm sure every WFO is a bit different. I'm learning, I'm getting better at it and I usually get my timing close. 

thats a good point...

1 hour ago, freddyjbbq said:

Dang, that looks SO GOOD!!!!   thank you for sharing the WFO knowlege and tips, certainly appreciate it as i learn WFO!

If I'm not mistaken you cook in a Uni-Pro? The concept is the same but I'm sure the execution is a bit different than mine. My WFO dome is 8" thick, it takes a while to heat soak. I plan on 4 hours. 3 hours to get and hold a high temp then another hour to drift back down to what temperature I want to cook at. My guess is the Uni-pro wouldn't take that long. 

25 minutes ago, ckreef said:

If I'm not mistaken you cook in a Uni-Pro? The concept is the same but I'm sure the execution is a bit different than mine. My WFO dome is 8" thick, it takes a while to heat soak. I plan on 4 hours. 3 hours to get and hold a high temp then another hour to drift back down to what temperature I want to cook at. My guess is the Uni-pro wouldn't take that long. 

No more uni pro for Freddy!!! He is in the big leagues now with a huge upgrade!!

1 minute ago, John Setzler said:

I might just steal this idea and do it on the wood fired oven.... looks amazing :)

It would make an excellent WFO dish. It's a tasty one and if you use single serving Caserole dishes everyone can have their own topping combination. 

Those single serving Caserole dishes were about $8 a piece a Walmart. 

30 minutes ago, ckreef said:

It would make an excellent WFO dish. It's a tasty one and if you use single serving Caserole dishes everyone can have their own topping combination. 

Those single serving Caserole dishes were about $8 a piece a Walmart. 

I wanna get some similar.. maybe some cast iron ones...

3 hours ago, John Setzler said:

My buddy who lives in Nor Cal and has a built in  Forno Bravo WFO got several different types of cast iron casseroles and dishes from a resturant supply  to use in his WFO, he uses different shapes for different dishes. One dish or casserole per person. Really nice and attractive presentation. He even made some rough wooden chargers to hold the hot CI  dishes. Looks really cool / rustic chic on the table.  

5 hours ago, John Setzler said:

I have 2 porcelain coated CI about that size. They are awesome (won in a Guru challenge). I would love to replace all my similar baking dishes in porcelain coated CI.