ckreef

Reef's Game Room - pic heavy!

2 hours ago, Jebber said:

As someone who just paid a crook to do my basement I say Bravo!  Very well done. 

TY @Jebber. Having only limited carpentry skills and a few decent tools it was a bit of stretch doing it all ourselves. The raw materials cost a bit and we really didn't have the money to pay someone else. We were somewhat absent from the forum for a couple of months at the end of the summer. Just spending all our free time trying to get it finished. A lot of weekends and quite a few vacation days to get it done. But now we get to enjoy it and back full swing on the forum.

Stunning is the first word that comes to mind.  Looks like a very fun room, shuffle board is fantastic.  I'm a huge fan of darts and played on a league for 4 years.  It's kinda funny but I had to "retire" due to injury.

The decorations are very cool, going to places you find things like that is right down our alley.

53 minutes ago, philpom said:

Stunning is the first word that comes to mind.  Looks like a very fun room, shuffle board is fantastic.  I'm a huge fan of darts and played on a league for 4 years.  It's kinda funny but I had to "retire" due to injury.

The decorations are very cool, going to places you find things like that is right down our alley.

49 minutes ago, philpom said:

And Mrs philpom just walked over and saw the pics, I'm on the hook for something like that up at our cabin.  I'm game - pun intended.

I have played bar room shuffle board since I was a young kid back in the day when my daddy took me with him for a few beers. (not sure what that says about me or my daddy). Shuffle boards and Dart boards work really good in a pool table room. They are off to the side and only marginally interfere with pool. I've had that shuffle board for about 12 years now. It was a cheapie I got on sale from Academy Sports in an after Christmas sale. Have definitely gotten my monies worth out of it. Going to replace it one day with one that is trimmed out in a more rustic look. 

This spring me, Mrs skreef and Hawke went on a vacation to a cabin near Gatlinburg, TN. They had a pool table room and me and Mrs skreef were hooked with the idea. She loves the rustic look and so the finishing of the room was game on - pun intended ;)

10 minutes ago, KismetKamado said:

Very impressive!  Super nice job on the game room. You two have definitely been busy with that project. You’re forgiven for slackin’ on posting...  :)

TY @KismetKamado. Yea we definitely went away for a month or two but we're back now :)

16 minutes ago, Bgosnell151 said:

there is nothing more fun to me that having a few beers and playing some shuffleboard. 

I've had that shuffle board for years and it's served me well. The first person to visit and offer me $100 it's gone. Of course I'm taking the money and putting it down on a $800 version that matches the room a little better :)

1 hour ago, ckreef said:

I've had that shuffle board for years and it's served me well. The first person to visit and offer me $100 it's gone. Of course I'm taking the money and putting it down on a $800 version that matches the room a little better :)

On my way!!!!!