ckreef

Reef's Game Room - pic heavy!

This has been 3 years in the making. Progress was slow for the first two years but this past summer we decided to push for the completion. Everything you see was done by me and Mrs skreef. No contractors were involved. Small walk-in wet bar, expanded pantry, reclaimed wood on the walls,  stained rustic molding, new doors, shelves, everything. 

The room features a Olhausen pine log pool table, Dart board and shuffle board. The walls are decorated with games and such. Most of them antiques but not everything. We still need to do some finishing touches but that will happen as time allows. 

rgrA.thumb.jpg.b47aba043e070c052249aaeb16a2b71e.jpg

rgrB.thumb.jpg.d98b51945c950d99348714ac73400e51.jpg

The pool table. 

rgrC.thumb.jpg.7f5b160e95f36a359ae9899ff565ae40.jpg

rgrE.thumb.jpg.19d9e8ac553aaabad87eeb5a09ec2f99.jpg

rgrD.thumb.jpg.143f77d7c7acf235010a9fae553553d3.jpg

rgrF.thumb.jpg.9297e81af6b59b47407a9d2c3b2eb557.jpg

Pool accessories and darts. 

rgrG.thumb.jpg.6834752db3fbd7ada01fb5ba22a6c9be.jpg

Some interesting antique board games. 

rgrH.thumb.jpg.e936079717714fdc662f63f9ac6b1ce7.jpg

Blacksmith type hand puzzles and Macy's mobile. 

rgrI.thumb.jpg.fc9ed67400cb6516a7f8733ad75d710a.jpg

Games above the shuffle board. 

rgrJ.thumb.jpg.50c2d0fba7053ba0798ba02cc67a65f6.jpg

rgrK.thumb.jpg.bc118deacbcf30837a71d2c2e39d3da5.jpg

rgrL.thumb.jpg.a7b268e1ee1bc5a79e2bd65cfad304d8.jpg

rgrM.thumb.jpg.75a0654a93780d01488c0b03d930c395.jpg

Walk-in wet bar. 

rgrN.thumb.jpg.3346e480f728f31d31d23d38df44ebe8.jpg

Small fishing section and small barrels. 

rgrO.thumb.jpg.7fe1d539213637aa4b646bebef03678d.jpg

Window to the wet bar. 

rgrP.thumb.jpg.fa107485174a2d10060e570f63cebc9f.jpg

Early 70's Japanese pachinko machine and Chinese cheakers. 

rgrQ.thumb.jpg.c4a6521b85f64030ed07a625f4f68dfc.jpg

And last but not least a magic wall. 

rgrR.thumb.jpg.b87f1d6a120e2f72d6958dfca5dd9e78.jpg

We hope you enjoyed the pictures. The game room was a fantastic improvement for the house. We enjoy it nightly. 

Looks like a lot of fun!

I am in the early stages of multi-year basement repurposing and outdoor property reclaiming as our kids grow and we want more space for them. A generation from now it would be fun to have a space like this!

Fantastic! Love all the old games!

Great dartboard setup, caught my eye. I've been playing darts since high school, our team won the league championship just before Christmas. 

40 minutes ago, gotzero said:

Looks like a lot of fun!

I am in the early stages of multi-year basement repurposing and outdoor property reclaiming as our kids grow and we want more space for them. A generation from now it would be fun to have a space like this!

TY @gotzero. Basically no kids in the house. We wanted something for us adults.

Next up a true outdoor kitchen. Not sure if we can start that project this summer but once started I'm hopeing it doesn't take 3 years. 

That is beyond cool! Absolutely love it! You both did a fantastic job! Reminds me of some of the little bars I used to frequent many many moons ago. 

Darts and pool.....oh the memories. I play at my best with a few drinks in me. After that its all down hill. :-D

49 minutes ago, O C said:

Fantastic! Love all the old games!

Great dartboard setup, caught my eye. I've been playing darts since high school, our team won the league championship just before Christmas. 

TY @O C. Some of the old games have really awesome graphics from years gone by.

The rug behind the dart board is from years ago when I had an electronic Dart board and the shuffle board. It's matches what's above the shuffle board and hangs out from the wall to protect the wall from missed darts. When we decided to redo the game room we decided to go with a bristle board instead of electronic. I went out to the backyard and stripped some wood off of old pallets to make the backboard. Very pleased with how it turned out. 

3 minutes ago, landscaper said:

That is beyond cool! Absolutely love it! You both did a fantastic job! Reminds me of some of the little bars I used to frequent many many moons ago. 

Darts and pool.....oh the memories. I play at my best with a few drinks in me. After that its all down hill. :-D

TY @landscaper. Mrs skreef wanted a rustic look and we're pleased with how it came out. She's a real trouper helping amongst all my cussing (I'm not a carpenter so a lot of cussing - LOL).

It does take me back to my bar hoping days. 

1 hour ago, ckreef said:

TY @Golf Griller.

That's a really kewl repurposed piano. 

It's actually some parts from two different pianos.

1 hour ago, ckreef said:

TY @retfr8flyr. It's been fun going out to antique malls/stores trying to find just the right pieces.

My neighbor's antique pieces came from her father's farm.

10 minutes ago, ckreef said:

TY @landscaper. Mrs skreef wanted a rustic look and we're pleased with how it came out. She's a real trouper helping amongst all my cussing (I'm not a carpenter so a lot of cussing - LOL).

It does take me back to my bar hoping days. 

They did their condo to look like a log cabin inside. She goes all out (overboard) decorating for Christmas. Here is a link to pictures taht were taken by a local TV station of their condo.

https://www.wcpo.com/sponsor-generated-content/fischer-homes/home-tour-fort-mitchell-condo-transformed-into-a-log-cabin-christmas-lodge

2 minutes ago, Golf Griller said:

It's actually some parts from two different pianos.

My neighbor's antique pieces came from her father's farm.

They did their condo to look like a log cabin inside.

Let your neighbor know I thought they did a great job with the piano bar. 

If it was totally up to Mrs skreef our entire house would have a rustic cabin look on the inside. She's now taken over the guest room which is decorated in bears and native American Indians. 

Fortunately she promised me a true outdoor kitchen comes after the game room got finished and I'm holding her to that promise :)

19 hours ago, ckreef said:

Let your neighbor know I thought they did a great job with the piano bar. 

If it was totally up to Mrs skreef our entire house would have a rustic cabin look on the inside. She's now taken over the guest room which is decorated in bears and native American Indians. 

Fortunately she promised me a true outdoor kitchen comes after the game room got finished and I'm holding her to that promise :)

I think they did a good job. The walls are tongue and groove logs that are about 3 inches thick. They did it all themselves.  At least they are not thinking of moving. It might be a hard sell, unless they found someone else that has the same taste and are looking for a townhouse.

Edited by Golf Griller
Spelling