Sign in to follow this  
Panchango

A Quick Top Round / London Broil

The grocery had London Broil /Top Round on special last week ($2.59 lb), so I grabbed two of them.  I hit it with the Jaccard tenderizer and marinated it for about 48 hours.

Tonight was a balmy 15F/-9C with 25 mph sustained winds(after waking up to 3F/-16C) .  It was cold enough that I had to break out the bomber jacket.

It took just a few minutes per side between 400 and 450F for a nice rare steak.  Cut thinly across the grain and enjoyed it with some smashed potatoes and seared greens..

Enjoy your night.

lonson.thumb.jpg.6850595065a3998b898248ee700b2b4b.jpg

bomber.thumb.jpg.4f23960d0d86298d633798aa2a7e2615.jpg

4 minutes ago, KismetKamado said:

Oooohhhh.... I bet that was tasty!  The jacquard and long marinade is a great combination for a cut like that.  

About to drag Jr. outside to sear off some filet's..... wishing I had a bomber jacket now.  :)

I only wear it a couple times a year, but I am glad to have the big coat when I need it.

Stay warm.

1 hour ago, SmoovD said:

Top round can be a tasty cut and your cook looks mighty fine.

Thanks.  It turned out really well.  The two day soak in marinade helped a bunch.  As long as it isn't overcooked, top round can be delicious and tender when sliced right.