"Baking With Steel" by Andris Lagsdin

There are discussions of pizza stones and general baking here and there on this forum.  Those of you who are interested in such may want to read Baking With Steel, primarily written by Andris Lagsdin.   You may want to explore a different method.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By LJS
      Hi Kamado Peeps,
      Been awhile since my last post.
      I got a great book on breads; I have always been keen on making my own loafs and pizza with success but never really nailed the authentic artisan type dough. So for father’s day I got a book and I have been having a go with great results. Oh, yeh there is an art to making good breads. I recommend this book for any enthusiasts. Flour Water Yeast Salt.
      All baked on my GAS webber.   As I get better I will challenge myself on the Kamado with some natural woods I can’t wait (wood fired home baked bread)  Also had to included the lemon meringue and poppy seed lemon cake baked on the webber 
      Keep smoking  
      https://www.amazon.com.au/Flour-Water-Salt-Yeast-Forkish/dp/160774273X/ref=asc_df_160774273X/?tag=googleshopdsk-22&linkCode=df0&hvadid=341743255194&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11731459910241742571&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9071728&hvtargid=pla-404289632390&psc=1

• By VeLoRoK
      Did this on the dojoe, between 550°-600°. I used the Forkish Saturday recipe, but popped it in the fridge for 26 hours after the 2 hour bulk ferment, before dividing and shaping. Fantastic crispy outside, chewy yet pillowy inside. Buffalo Mozz and salami. So good.

• By Rob_grill_apprentice
      Pizza tasted very good.   I used my Joe Jr. to Roast the Chicken Reshmi Kebabs and used my vision Classic B to bake the individual pizza.   For the cheese I used paneer cheese, extra old cheddar and pizza mozzarella.  The sauce for pizza was the serving sauce for Chicken Reshmi Kebabs.   This pizza will now be part of my pizza repertoire.   

• By Nnank76
      hey guys,

Ive had a few pizza sessions on my kj classic 2. Although the last time i warped the steel firebox ring so not sure that should count as successful! I thought it aould be good to ask a kj specific question.  

My set up is deflectors on the grill in top position. Spacers on top of that with pizza stone then on top.

So my question/s is when doing high heat cooks:
      1. How long do u let the kj heat sink for? I have just opened the vents and let it ride. When up to 650/700 put pizzas on.
      2. Where do people set their vents? How open is the bottom and top? As above i nlrmally just open them up and stick the pizza on at above the 650/700 mark.
      3. How long should this sort of temp last or is safe for the kj? If i had a pizza party how long could this keep up for eg.

Any advice or thoughts is welcome?

Cheers
      Nathan

• By gordo2212
      Best one to date. Pictures of just taken off the grill and then added some arugula and sprinkle of EVOO and pecorino romano.