CentralTexBBQ

Polar Vortex, Schmolar Schmortex

On 1/30/2019 at 2:42 PM, CentralTexBBQ said:

Well the news here of course is making a sound like you die instantly if you walked outside but this soup will make it all worth it when it’s finished...

7A20461A-24C5-46E5-BD82-F40F9E300F87.thumb.jpeg.7764c501465584a2cc8b83032ffb19f4.jpeg

Starting to process the veggies.

Just to clarify, did you puree all of the roasted veggies?  This looks like something my wife would enjoy.

2 hours ago, cwhuling said:

Just to clarify, did you puree all of the roasted veggies?  This looks like something my wife would enjoy.

Yes, that is only about half of the veggies there. The FP was not large enough to handle all at the same time. It made a somewhat thicker broth but nowhere near stew like. I added the chicken, veggies and enough stock/water to fill a 6 Quart pot.

26 minutes ago, CentralTexBBQ said:

Yes, that is only about half of the veggies there. The FP was not large enough to handle all at the same time. It made a somewhat thicker broth but nowhere near stew like. I added the chicken, veggies and enough stock/water to fill a 6 Quart pot.

From your picture of  veggies in the basket, there is a can of peppers, the whole can normally, or just a few?

The whole can but, I opted out of going for heat. I would have pureed them also. I often use them for chili but they do not break down well, imo. I don't mind eating them that way but others might. I would also recommend a larger pot than I used. I was less than a 1/2" from the top of the pot. My alternative however, is a thin SS pot that doesn't conduct heat very well