CentralTexBBQ

Polar Vortex, Schmolar Schmortex

Finally dinner time. Well worth the wait. Ingredients: roasted shallots, onion, carrot, Brussels sprouts, bell peppers, butternut squash, roasted chicken, rotini, fennel, basil, thyme, celery seed, salt, fresh ground black pepper, ginger, coriander, peri peri. 

B9922006-5192-4F5E-8591-3DD1A24035FF.thumb.jpeg.a9a74302be525026550095ab097a1c08.jpeg

Forgot the bay leaf and garlic... :-D

Edited by CentralTexBBQ

Actually, it's just a pinch. I bought the pepper before I left for El Paso and hadn't used it so I had to use a little but, the soup isn't for me. My wife's uncle and I are close and he's basically been in hospice care since Thanksgiving. He likes the soup I make but doesn't like or tolerate spice/heat. I AM A SPICE COOK!!! :-D 

Anyway, that is also why I pictured the adobo sauce but rethought adding it. Even so, the soup is amazing (you can actually taste the fact that both the chicken and veggies were roasted) but it has none of the 'heat' that I prefer...

Edited by CentralTexBBQ

11 hours ago, CentralTexBBQ said:

Really don’t care that it’s -1° outside or that the windchill is -21°.

I wouldn't either, in fact living in the Chicago area I probably do it fairly often.

But with outside temps -20 to -25 and windchill pushing down to -55 I really don't intend to open any outside door unless there is an imperative need.

10 hours ago, mbellot said:

I wouldn't either, in fact living in the Chicago area I probably do it fairly often.

But with outside temps -20 to -25 and windchill pushing down to -55 I really don't intend to open any outside door unless there is an imperative need.

My dad was from Chicago; mom from Temple, Texas. The Texan in me would have taken on the challenge. Remember the Alamo!

:rofl: