John Setzler

Where did you buy your Kamado Joe Grill?

Where did you buy your New Kamado Joe Grill?  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

When I was finally convinced and ready to purchase a KJ, the only Costco with a roadshow available to me was 1 hour away and I woulda had to be there before they opened.   Since I woulda had to drive Portland rush hour traffic and take a chance that I would be  first in line and be able to outrun what would undoubtedly be way younger guys than me, (and they probably woulda frowned on me if I winged one of them to get a fair chance) I opted to go with Ace Hrdwre which was having a 15% off and free shipping.   Did the math and it was a couple hundred more than Costco.  In my opinion, it was a no brainer.  And way less stressful.

22 minutes ago, BURGER MEISTER said:

When I was finally convinced and ready to purchase a KJ, the only Costco with a roadshow available to me was 1 hour away and I woulda had to be there before they opened.   Since I woulda had to drive Portland rush hour traffic and take a chance that I would be  first in line and be able to outrun what would undoubtedly be way younger guys than me, (and they probably woulda frowned on me if I winged one of them to get a fair chance) I opted to go with Ace Hrdwre which was having a 15% off and free shipping.   Did the math and it was a couple hundred more than Costco.  In my opinion, it was a no brainer.  And way less stressful.

You would have only had to be there when the doors opened if you were trying to snag the free Jr. deal with a big joe purchase.  Any other purchase could have been made at any time.

Got my big Joe at Kitchens and co. In Newington Nh. Got my classic II at Lowe’s. Also got my Keg at Lowe’s.  I don’t think I have ever been in a Costco, but those roadshows have great deals for sure.

Costco. A local dealer at the time was charging full price for the older model. I wanted the newer model. We have a new local dealer now and I have bought accessories through them and will continue to do so. 

I wanted to score a Costco deal but my local-ish store (Knoxville) was not participating so I got mine from Conn’s in Knoxville. They were outstanding to deal with, in fact, I was not planning on purchasing a Big Joe but I couldn’t pass up 0% APR and free delivery! I’d gladly purchase another one from them. 

5 hours ago, John Setzler said:

You would have only had to be there when the doors opened if you were trying to snag the free Jr. deal with a big joe purchase.  Any other purchase could have been made at any time.

But like I said, if you got 10 people waiting for the door to unlock, and 5 wanted "the deal" (which they were still doing before things got ugly), I'd been one of those people tripping others and running to find the rep.   Also spoke with an individual on this forum from the same area and she was the first one there and the rep told her that the "deal" was already taken.   She asked him how that could be when she was the first one through the door.   I did go to Costco a couple of days later and loaded up on lump and a jotisserie.

16 minutes ago, BURGER MEISTER said:

But like I said, if you got 10 people waiting for the door to unlock, and 5 wanted "the deal" (which they were still doing before things got ugly), I'd been one of those people tripping others and running to find the rep.   Also spoke with an individual on this forum from the same area and she was the first one there and the rep told her that the "deal" was already taken.   She asked him how that could be when she was the first one through the door.   I did go to Costco a couple of days later and loaded up on lump and a jotisserie.

Damn dude!!!!

Give it a rest!!!!