John Setzler

Where did you buy your Kamado Joe Grill?

Where did you buy your New Kamado Joe Grill?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 hours ago, BURGER MEISTER said:

Give what a rest?

I was just jacking with you...

Note the Burgermeister vid.

He's kinda harsh.....

1 hour ago, John Setzler said:

In the Kamado Guru Facebook group the vote is:

Costco - 105

Non-Costco - 207

That should give you an indication of where all the Kamado Guru traffic is going :)  We have had 14 votes here in the same time period... lol

I understand volume drives dollars and things have to be worthwhile. That said, I used an otherwise dormant work account (I do not use Facebook personally and will not) to take a look at the Kamado Joe page, and while that may be where the numbers are, I have no interest in participating in that format. This is a site I now visit and enjoy every day.

I feel very lucky have found this forum when I did. FWIW, I did not vote, but I am Costco 2, not Costco 1. 

Yeah, a Costco buy strictly for the price. Only Ace Hardware was a KJ dealer-after one insisted on KJ not BGE. The KJ rep was just OK. Knew that any after the buy KJ interaction would be via KJ cust. svc. or any grilling info and more via us Gurus.

Also knew to buy anything else relative to KJ and most grilling accesories would most likely be elsewhere. I.e. Costco in my area only offers KJ charcoal during a roadshow.  Lowes seems to be involved now.  Might get some Cowboy randomly throughout the time between roadshows at Costco.

So like anything else I have ever bought, a local dealer is a great asset.

M.

On 1/31/2019 at 12:30 PM, mike echo said:

Yeah, a Costco buy strictly for the price. Only Ace Hardware was a KJ dealer-after one insisted on KJ not BGE. The KJ rep was just OK. Knew that any after the buy KJ interaction would be via KJ cust. svc. or any grilling info and more via us Gurus.

Also knew to buy anything else relative to KJ and most grilling accesories would most likely be elsewhere. I.e. Costco in my area only offers KJ charcoal during a roadshow.  Lowes seems to be involved now.  Might get some Cowboy randomly throughout the time between roadshows at Costco.

So like anything else I have ever bought, a local dealer is a great asset.

M.

You can get the Joe charcoal at Ace in Houston but there are plenty of other choices that are just as good for half the money.

B&B being one of them which you can buy at Academy.

Just voted...I was prepared to drive 100 miles to buy my KJ from Costco, but then realized my local Lowes was running a 4th of July sale that made the price a hair above the Costco price. I figured I’d pay a hair in order to avoid the 3+ hour round trip, and Lowe’s stunned me with a military discount that took the price well below Costco. For the purpose of the poll I’m a non-Costco vote, but at the same time we purchased our Costco membership specifically to buy the KJ when the roadshow got close. 

On 1/30/2019 at 2:38 PM, BURGER MEISTER said:

When I was finally convinced and ready to purchase a KJ, the only Costco with a roadshow available to me was 1 hour away and I woulda had to be there before they opened.   Since I woulda had to drive Portland rush hour traffic and take a chance that I would be  first in line and be able to outrun what would undoubtedly be way younger guys than me, (and they probably woulda frowned on me if I winged one of them to get a fair chance) I opted to go with Ace Hrdwre which was having a 15% off and free shipping.   Did the math and it was a couple hundred more than Costco.  In my opinion, it was a no brainer.  And way less stressful.

Does this include the $80 or so you would’ve saved by not paying a sales tax in Oregon?

@BURGER MEISTER, none of the shows that I attended had anything remotely resembling that depiction. I am certain that atmosphere was not widespread. I don't know whether it was restricted to larger cities or perhaps more remote areas where the shows may not have come as often but, in Ohio (bought my first KJ in Cleveland and second near Dayton), there was no mad rush at store opening. Once, in Cincinnati, I was surprised to see the deal still available on the afternoon of day two of the roadshow. I passed at the time. 6 Months later, I obtained the deal, late afternoon of day two outside of Dayton.

Should've added- with my Executive Membership and the incentives on a recently obtained Costco Visa, I got a very nice piece of change back.

Edited by CentralTexBBQ

I too am in the both category.  Our first classic was from a local pool store when the black KJ's were being phased out.  I had been looking for a while and they ran a great sale price so we picked one up.   When the KJII came out we picked one up at a road show during a trip.