Sign in to follow this  
dman

Non-Super Bowl

Well we’re not watching the game but we’re still having a party! I have never done a fatty since I got my Big Joe but this weekend will change that. I have 2 Jimmy Dean sausage rolls, some jalapeños and two kinds of cream cheese along with a pound and a half of bacon. 

I’m thinking stuff the peppers with one type of cream cheese, spread the other on the flattened sausage, add some shredded cheddar cheese and roll it up the in a bacon weave. 

Any N.Y. other ideas fora first timer?

I was just watching someone on TV making a gigantic fatty with a kielbasa in the middle and some chorizo spread around on the other sausage meat before the thing was rolled up and smoked.  Looked good when sliced. The last one I made was basically Paul Prudhomme's Cajun Meatloaf in a bacon weave and smoked....it was good.

Putting everything together. Spread out the Jimmy Dean, threw on some Belcampo Butt rub, added some whipped chive and onion sour cream, shredded sharp cheddar, jalapeños stuffed with Kalimanta olives and feta cheese and rolled up. Did a bacon weave and rolled it. Resting in the fridge so everybody can get to know each other. Going to smoke for a couple of hours or so to an IT of 155-165 then wrap and rest. 

crLxus9.jpg

0kEz7d9.jpg

wYJgv83.jpg

FBfSTdo.jpg