Scott Roberts

Kamander first low & slow

14 hours ago, KismetKamado said:

Mighty fine looking cook!  What were your thoughts on performance for the low and slow?  

Started out fine temp stayed at 225 for about an 1 1/2hrs and the temp drop to 200 so what I thought was a small adjustment and watched the Kamander raise to about 235 to 240ish so I thought ok I can live with that. Went inside and was cleaning the kitchen and other things for about an hour, went to check and temp was 500 big ones and so I choked off and temp didn't drop below 350 for almost two hrs. With all that being said it was moist and had good bark and favor.

So when I pulled it to finish in oven the internal temp was 187* only five and half hours total on grill and it was a 9lb picnic, going to try another one tomorrow and see if I can control it better any advise should I put water in drip pan, should I leave intake vents at my lowest setting and control from top or just the opposite?

Scott

4 minutes ago, Scott Roberts said:

any advise should I put water in drip pan, should I leave intake vents at my lowest setting and control from top or just the opposite?

This question is for anyone on the forum!!

Scott

Edited by Scott Roberts

4 minutes ago, Scott Roberts said:

So when I pulled it to finish in oven the internal temp was 187* only five and half hours total on grill and it was a 9lb picnic, going to try another one tomorrow and see if I can control it better any advise should I put water in drip pan, should I leave intake vents at my lowest setting and control from top or just the opposite?

Can anyone answer this question?