KismetKamado

The best thing about the Super Bowl...:

On 2/3/2019 at 1:49 PM, ckreef said:

Nice looking BBQ cooks. 

Deep dish pizza going into the WFO within the next 30 minutes. Plus earlier today I did a test run on my Valantines challange cook. Really glad I did the test run. Tasted great but I do need to tweak the execution for the actual challenge cook. 

On 2/3/2019 at 1:56 PM, skreef said:

Nice looking Ribs Kismet

Thanks Mr. and Mrs Ckreef!  Not quite bistro quality grub, but not half bad!   Can’t wait to see the challenge cook - or cooks. :)

22 hours ago, CentralTexBBQ said:

I know you inserted that last line just for me. :-D Ok, I forgive you for cooking a brisket flat. Also, you are toying with my affection by wrapping it in butcher paper. A little tear is actually running down my face, it looks so beautiful. 

All kidding aside, great cook. Brisket and pork butt, wow!!!

I want you to know... I was terribly torn about this.... lol. 

No packers out, so I asked the butcher and waited patiently for half an hour. He put some out and.... ehhhh.... nothing to write home about. There was a nice thick wide flat and some narrow packers with super thin flats and hard ridges of kernel fat throughout. Put a packer in the cart and couldn’t follow through. As much as it killed me, I grabbed the nice flat instead.  And, even though it was a pain in the rear, it turned out really good. One of my better brisket efforts.  I was really pleased with it.

We never sat down to a real meal yesterday though. Mainly just lunch fixings for us and our work buddies this week. 

16 hours ago, bluebird said:

Great cook!

15 hours ago, Bgosnell151 said:

Looks like a fun filled day!!!

11 hours ago, TKOBBQ said:

Wow looks like some delicious eats, I can see why you, the family and co-workers will be eating really well all week.

8 hours ago, freddyjbbq said:

everything looks SO DANG GOOD!!!!! :good:

6 hours ago, bel4_20 said:

Great looking cook! my mouth is watering!

Thanks, everyone. Not ever felt like I was really on top of my BBQ game, but the proteins turned out really good yesterday. Definitely pleased with the results. 

On 2/4/2019 at 11:02 PM, KismetKamado said:

I want you to know... I was terribly torn about this.... lol. 

No packers out, so I asked the butcher and waited patiently for half an hour. He put some out and.... ehhhh.... nothing to write home about. There was a nice thick wide flat and some narrow packers with super thin flats and hard ridges of kernel fat throughout. Put a packer in the cart and couldn’t follow through. As much as it killed me, I grabbed the nice flat instead.  And, even though it was a pain in the rear, it turned out really good. One of my better brisket efforts.  I was really pleased with it.

We never sat down to a real meal yesterday though. Mainly just lunch fixings for us and our work buddies this week. 

I fully understand. The fact that i go to the store for a brisket does not mean I come home with a brisket. I turn down dozens more than I cook. I'd rather scratch it from the menu than struggle with a piece of meat I know will not turn out well.