CentralTexBBQ

Another Super Bowl Cook: The Twins

6 hours ago, bluebird said:

Looks like everyone had a great meal!

due to my responsibilities on Sunday, it made for a hectic and tight schedule trying to get everything done. The butts went on at 7am and very reluctant to get done eventhough I was cooking at higher temps and after wrapping. So it didn't all come off when I wanted or get as much rest as I wanted but when my brother- who doesn't eat fat andis very reluctant to give praise or acknowledgement, went back for seconds on the pulled pork– three sandwiches total, I knew it was a hit. :-D

1 hour ago, TKOBBQ said:

Looks and sounds like a tasty spread, bet everyone was pleased with it.  Congrats on the 34 years of marital bliss, it's something you don't see happening too often these days.

Thanks @TKOBBQ!!!!! As those of us who have been married this long know- it's not all bliss, it's often much more work. But in the end, if we choose to keep making choices in the other person's best interest and remember that while it's easy to focus on my spouse's faults, I in fact am also imperfect- you get to the place where you realize all the work is worth it.

I also find that most long marriages are passed down in the families dna (not literally). My parents celebrated their 52nd (mon remarried after my dad passed). My brother has been married for 42.

1 hour ago, CentralTexBBQ said:

Thanks @TKOBBQ!!!!! As those of us who have been married this long know- it's not all bliss, it's often much more work. But in the end, if we choose to keep making choices in the other person's best interest and remember that while it's easy to focus on my spouse's faults, I in fact am also imperfect- you get to the place where you realize all the work is worth it.

I also find that most long marriages are passed down in the families dna (not literally). My parents celebrated their 52nd (mon remarried after my dad passed). My brother has been married for 42.

I think the pass down thing is correct.  My parents just celebrated their 57th.  My brother is around 30 and my wife and I are getting ready to celebrate our 26th.  And you are also right it's give and take or knowing when to hold them and knowing when to fold them. 

2 hours ago, CentralTexBBQ said:

Congrats on the 26!!! In my Church we affectionately call those who've been married for less than 30, rookies! :rofl:

My wife and I will have 42 years at the end of April, with an additional 5 years together before our wedding.

Edited by Golf Griller

On 2/4/2019 at 10:53 PM, KismetKamado said:

I must say, the twins were looking pretty darn good even if they were problem children!   A great meal was had for sure. 

Congratulations on the anniversary!  Take it with a grain of salt though - it’s coming from a rookie of only 18 years. :)

Thanks KK, served the last PP at Bible Study last night. It was pretty awesome, didn't really get a chance to rest as much as it should've on Sunday. Our term 'rookie' is not a knock on those who've been married for fewer years, it's just our way of encouraging them to continue to continue or, 'you're just getting started'. And btw, those married for 18 years call those who've been married 15 rookies... :-D