John Setzler

iKamand v2

20190207_iKamand.jpg

The Kamado Joe iKamand that has been plagued with issues since it's initial release has been updated with some hardware revisions that have corrected all of those problems.  I have been testing the pre production and production model of this update for quite a while now and it has performed flawlessly for me.  This updated version of the iKamand is hitting the streets in the next week or two for anyone who might be interested.

1 hour ago, Charcoal Addict said:

Was there any word on releasing the additional accessory probes along with iKamand V2?

No and that is just sorry in my opinion.  They have been selling a 4 probe system that comes with 2 probes for nearly a year and they haven't made additional probes available yet.

8 minutes ago, John Setzler said:

No and that is just sorry in my opinion.  They have been selling a 4 probe system that comes with 2 probes for nearly a year and they haven't made additional probes available yet.

Hopefully they get their act together on the accessory probes this year.  

The addition space in the BJ3 and Classic 3 will really benefit with those extra probes.

I'm torn on this thing.

I already have a crapload of Thermoworks stuff for temps and KJ holds temps so well it almost seems like overkill.

But then being able to have that peace of mind when away from the grill is appealing......

That would be the only reason I'd want one.

6 minutes ago, Lowcountrygamecock said:

I see them online but I think it’s the old version. I assume the new ones will be marked as V2?

Pretty sure you're right.

All the ones I've seen have different plug covers than the one John has.

O

1 hour ago, John Setzler said:

There is no web interface at all.

Ahh see that now. I think you reviewed the flame boss. Does the KJ app and unit compare favorably?

2 hours ago, helliger said:

O

Ahh see that now. I think you reviewed the flame boss. Does the KJ app and unit compare favorably?

I won't say 'favorably.'  I think the flame boss app is super nice.  I think the iKamand app does what it's supposed to do but I think it has some growing to do.  Kamado Joe has intentions for that app that go way beyond where it is now.

Thanks. The nice thing about apps and websites etc.. is they can be made vastly better and as long as the physical unit (in this case the temp controller) works good your purchase gets better through time due to app and website additions etc...

1 hour ago, helliger said:

Thanks. The nice thing about apps and websites etc.. is they can be made vastly better and as long as the physical unit (in this case the temp controller) works good your purchase gets better through time due to app and website additions etc...

The iKamand app will continue to evolve.  There are a lot of plans for that development that go way beyond the temp control system.

On 2/7/2019 at 6:04 PM, John Setzler said:

Did KJ mention anything about whether anything will be done for users of the problem plauged version 1 controller.

49 minutes ago, Charcoal Addict said:

Did KJ mention anything about whether anything will be done for users of the problem plauged version 1 controller.

They are replacing defective ones under warranty but they are not replacing them with the new model as far as I know.